Slough - Chances for Priority Area 3

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gopal

Slough - Chances for Priority Area 3

Post by gopal »

Dear Parents,
I am Priority Area 3. My DS score 220 in QE which is non catchment but i came to know that score is too less for final cutoff.

What are chances of Priority Area 3 Kids Getting admission in Slough Grammer Schools. Score will be out today after 7 but good idea regarding my doubt will good as i dont want to give me and my DS false hope.

Thanks and Regards
rhiane

Re: Slough - Chances for Priority Area 3

Post by rhiane »

gopal wrote: What are chances of Priority Area 3 Kids Getting admission in Slough Grammer Schools. Score will be out today after 7 but good idea regarding my doubt will good as i dont want to give me and my DS false hope.

Thanks and Regards
For 2017 admission they did take DC from Priority Area 3 down to a rank score of 120

Good luck

Edited to correct wrong information! (Got my years mixed up!)
Last edited by rhiane on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe007

Post by Zoe007 »

We lie in Priority area 3 of Langley as well and wrote to the school asking their statistics for last year (2018) intake from this area, and got a reply from office that:

There is no priority order for postcodes listed under Priority Area 3.
No applicants from Priority Area 3 were admitted to the school in 2018.
gopal

Post by gopal »

This literally means there is no chance for people living in ealing council in any grammer school unless DS get it to top 100 rank.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Zoe007 wrote:We lie in Priority area 3 of Langley as well and wrote to the school asking their statistics for last year (2018) intake from this area, and got a reply from office that:

There is no priority order for postcodes listed under Priority Area 3.
No applicants from Priority Area 3 were admitted to the school in 2018.

I stand corrected, the historical data on this website saying there were admissions from Priority area 3 down to a rank score of 120 was 2017 not 2018! I will amend the above post.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I can see your frustration, but local authorities probably don't feel obliged to proved school places for children that live some distance away. It's not considered good for a child to undertake long journeys. Do you have a local school you would be happy with?
scary mum
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Someone has kindly just posted the 2017 exam, 2018 entry stats on another thread.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=55991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They must just have been released.

it confirms what Zoe007 said earlier
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

gopal wrote:Dear Parents,
I am Priority Area 3. My DS score 220 in QE which is non catchment but i came to know that score is too less for final cutoff.

What are chances of Priority Area 3 Kids Getting admission in Slough Grammer Schools. Score will be out today after 7 but good idea regarding my doubt will good as i dont want to give me and my DS false hope.

Thanks and Regards
Does it have to be LGS, all the Slough Grammars are good although their distances are shrinking every year!
gopal

Post by gopal »

I think Upton Grammer School take students according to Rank instead of Priority Area.
Around 70% seat are open (according to Rank)
Rest for Catchment area.

Admission guidelines are so confusing that i could not understand.

Anyone can confirm?
Regards
hel_tcw

Post by hel_tcw »

And St Bernards prioritise on faith first although if you come under the umbrella of 'other faith (so not Catholic or Christian) they have started to prioritise local dc over kids outside the St Peter's Diocese.

Good luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now