Reading (Boys/Kendick) vs Slough Score comparison

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Re: Reading (Boys/Kendick) vs Slough Score comparison

Post by Tinkers »

I’d expect the data to come direct from CEM and there not to be any info going between the Reading scores and the Slough schools.
ccheeti

Post by ccheeti »

I got confirmation from Reading by email that the score provided by Reading are correct, which is a big relief to me, and asked me to check with Slough. Reading School Administrator also confirmed that raw data is provided by Examination board to Slough. I have written to Slough, but, no response.

I did put subject "URGENT - Wrong Scoring etc" so that they can immediately catch the email :)

My DS got good score for QE, Birmingham and Reading, so, I may not need Slough :) but, just curious how they can make such big mistake.

Will keep you updated.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

ccheeti wrote:
My DS got good score for QE, Birmingham and Reading, so, I may not need Slough :) but, just curious how they can make such big mistake.

Will keep you updated.
That’s quite a geographical spread of schools. I take it you are Reading area based (otherwise you’d have no chance of a day place at Reading). You are right, if you have a good score for Reading, there is no need to worry about a Slough score, unless you really wanted one of the Slough Schools and that would be your first choice. From what you’ve said that isn’t the case. (However it would be good to get to the bottom of what’s happened here.)
ccheeti

Post by ccheeti »

Tinkers wrote:
ccheeti wrote:

Will keep you updated.
That’s quite a geographical spread of schools. I take it you are Reading area based (otherwise you’d have no chance of a day place at Reading). You are right, if you have a good score for Reading, there is no need to worry about a Slough score, unless you really wanted one of the Slough Schools and that would be your first choice. From what you’ve said that isn’t the case. (However it would be good to get to the bottom of what’s happened here.)
Yes, I live in Reading and preference is Reading :) I have spoken to St Bernard’s and hoping to get an update in a day or two.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

ccheeti wrote:I got confirmation from Reading by email that the score provided by Reading are correct, which is a big relief to me, and asked me to check with Slough. Reading School Administrator also confirmed that raw data is provided by Examination board to Slough. I have written to Slough, but, no response.

I did put subject "URGENT - Wrong Scoring etc" so that they can immediately catch the email :)

Will keep you updated.
Great news, you'll lucky to be in catchement for Reading, both Reading and Kendrick are amazing schools!
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

rhiane wrote:
ccheeti wrote:I got confirmation from Reading by email that the score provided by Reading are correct, which is a big relief to me, and asked me to check with Slough. Reading School Administrator also confirmed that raw data is provided by Examination board to Slough. I have written to Slough, but, no response.

Will keep you updated.
Great news, you'll lucky to be in catchement for Reading, both Reading and Kendrick are amazing schools!
Oh, did I congratulate you on that amazing score? it you add the 8-10 points on to your Reading score you'll (well your son of course) be at the top end of the Slough scores!
sas03

Post by sas03 »

Hi,

I'm new and bit (lot) confused.I thought children are only allowed to sit one exam..Is so how can you get 2 scores, one from Reading and one from Slough, and why are they different?

Any clarification is highly appreciated.

Thank you
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

You sit one exam.
If you tick the box for Reading your raw score is standardised against all the other Reading candidates and that gives you a Reading Score.
If you tick the box for Slough your raw score is standardised against all the other Slough candidates and that gives you a Slough Score.

The cohorts are different so the scores are different once they have been standardised
ccheeti

Post by ccheeti »

Thanks for everyone's support. this is now resolved. I got an email saying that due to an administrative error wrong standardisation was provided for 2 students. My DS score is corrected as 138 for Slough. When I called earlier, i was told that this has impacted 4 students, but, in the email it talks about 2 students.

St.Bernard was only the school who answered the phone. Thanks @rhiane for suggesting this. None of the other Slough schools either responded to phone calls or emails.

I can't believe this, but, I am relieved though :)
Last edited by ccheeti on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

good news
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now