Reading School to change admission policies for - Yr 7, YR12

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ConfusedFather

Re: Reading School to change admission policies for - Yr 7,

Post by ConfusedFather »

streathammum wrote:
danny11 wrote:How to explain to an 11 years old boy that he needs at least 5 marks above the qualifying score to be allocated a place but his friend needs 5 marks below.
Perhaps by asking that 11 year old boy whether he'd rather be in a family where the finances are such that he qualifies for a free school meal?
I would think this retort to be quite harsh for a 11yo. I am not sure the causality (or correlation) is obvious at that age. Would you be telling him that at sports day some kids can start with a 10 yard advance because they have no TV?

I would rather suggest explaining the rational (and letting him agree/disagree by himself) rather than treating him like a 70yo tory.
danny11

Re: Reading School to change admission policies for - Yr 7,

Post by danny11 »

Tinkers wrote:
streathammum wrote:
danny11 wrote:How to explain to an 11 years old boy that he needs at least 5 marks above the qualifying score to be allocated a place but his friend needs 5 marks below.
Perhaps by asking that 11 year old boy whether he'd rather be in a family where the finances are such that he qualifies for a free school meal?
+1
After SEN children, PP children were selected next. At least everyone had to achieve the same pass mark. Correct me if I am wrong.
It will be easier to understand if we had the current figures from the school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now