Help: Independent primary school in Reading area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

keeven

Help: Independent primary school in Reading area

Post by keeven »

My son is in Year 1 at the moment. We would like to move him to a private school. We live in south Reading. Can anyone please give me some suggestions regarding the private schools in Reading area? The nearest is Crosfields, but they have a long waiting list for year1 or year2. I don’t know St Edward's Prep , and Caversham Preparatory School. Both schools are small size . Is there any other school I can consider ?
Thank you.
Tinkers

Re: Help: Independent primary school in Reading area

Post by Tinkers »

St Joseph’s is worth a look
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

keeven wrote:My son is in Year 1 at the moment. We would like to move him to a private school. We live in south Reading. Can anyone please give me some suggestions regarding the private schools in Reading area? The nearest is Crosfields, but they have a long waiting list for year1 or year2. I don’t know St Edward's Prep , and Caversham Preparatory School. Both schools are small size . Is there any other school I can consider ?
Thank you.
I wouldn't want to make the way from South Reading to Caversham on a daily basis. Nor to St Edwards really, although it isn't quite as bad.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

St Edwards prep have a minibus that picks someone up at Shinfield Park, if that into helps
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’d forgotten another (a friend worked there and children went there for a while).

Waverley school.
keeven

Post by keeven »

Waverley school is too far for us. How is St Edwards? Any experience ?
I just found one at three mile cross, The Vine Christian School. Although it could be full.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I don’t know anyone at St Edwards so I don’t know.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

keeven wrote:Waverley school is too far for us. How is St Edwards? Any experience ?
I just found one at three mile cross, The Vine Christian School. Although it could be full.
One look at Our Vision on the school's website would have me running for the hills, but chacun a son gout, as the French say with more twiddly bits on :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’ve never even heard of the Vine Christian school.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Tinkers wrote:I’ve never even heard of the Vine Christian school.
Just looked at their site, out of curiously. The school use the ACE syllabus, which I’d run a mile from (from what I’ve seen of it elsewhere). They don’t offer GCSE or A level but an ‘alternative’ which I’ve never seen mentioned in Uni admissions either.

It strikes me as being a ‘church school on serious steroids’. If that’s the sort of school you’d like for your DS that it probably does that very well. From your previous posts I don’t think this is what you are looking for though.