Langley Grammar vs Reading Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NJ

Langley Grammar vs Reading Grammar

Post by NJ »

Hi All,

Hearty congratulations to all who received offers.

My son got offer in Langley Grammar School. His score was 120. Any idea how good the school is and the Langley area etc? he didn't get thorugh in RGS which was our first choice. But I am very proud of his efforts as he was qualified in both Langley and Slough Grammar. I would like to know where does Langley Grammar School stands when compared to Reading Grammar ? We live in Reading and any idea whether Reading council or Langley school have any trasnportation facility for the children to travel from Reading to Langley/Slough ?

Also please suggest me which step is better...Relocating to Langley from Reading or commute from Reading to Langley?

Your responses/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
NJ
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Hi NJ,

Congratulations on your son getting a place at LG :D

I know there is a train service that runs between Reading station and Langley station, followed by approx 15min walk to LG. If you check the train schedules you can get an idea on journey times and price involved. The councils do not provide any form of transportation to OOC schools, and only provide a service if the school your child attends is more than 3miles away, and is the school the council have offered you as an in county place.

As to the the difference one is a boys only and the other co-ed, by visiting the school, you can get a a real feel for it. I know my DH was very impressed with LG.

Good Luck

:D

BW