KENDRICK 2019 ALLOCATIONS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Re: KENDRICK 2019 ALLOCATIONS

Post by Tinkers »

panthus_41 wrote:Congrats to all who go through and good luck to those one the waiting list !

Do you know if the raw score is available now?
I think the only way you’ll get a raw score is by contacting CEM directly. The schools don’t get the raw score I believe.
usmanm

Post by usmanm »

I have created a FB group for Kendrick parents

https://www.facebook.com/groups/387121192100497/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shrm

Post by Shrm »

How do we know if there is a movement in the waiting list? Will LA send a mail or is it updated in Kendrick site?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

In previous years the school have posted WL info on their website.
MAP

Post by MAP »

I have come to know that people outside the catchment have also been allocated the place in Kendrick, but as far as I know Kendrick is strictly catchment based. So how is it possible?? Has anybody come across like this news?? Is it true??

I believe ther are kids within the catchment who are on the waiting list so they should get the priority.
In case of over subscription the school would follow below procedure: (copied from the school admission policy)

Oversubscription Criteria
Oversubscription criteria will be applied if there are more applicants than the 96 places available. A qualifying score will be determined
(to two decimal places) and applicants on or above that qualifying score will be deemed to have reached a standard which is suitable
for a grammar school. All applicants with scores on or above the qualifying score will be ranked according to their performance in the
tests.
Children with a Statement of Special Needs and/or an Education, Health and Care Plan and has named Kendrick School specifically on
the statement will always be admitted as long as they have met the qualifying score.
Offers will then be made from the ranked list in the following order and within each category, according to the ranked order:
1. The applicant is a looked after child or previously looked after child1
2. The permanent home address of the applicant is within the designated area of the school and the applicant is Pupil Premium
or Service Premium child2
. Documentary evidence, or confirmation from the applicant’s current primary school, that the
parent has been or is in receipt of the appropriate support payment entitling the child to Pupil Premium or Service Premium
will be required.
3. The permanent home address of the applicant is within the designated area of the school and this home address is the address
of the parent(s)/carer(s) and the applicant.
4. Applicants whose home address is NOT in the designated area of the school.

https://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/_si ... 37C938.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

MAP wrote:I have come to know that people outside the catchment have also been allocated the place in Kendrick, but as far as I know Kendrick is strictly catchment based. So how is it possible?? Has anybody come across like this news?? Is it true??

I believe ther are kids within the catchment who are on the waiting list so they should get the priority.
In case of over subscription the school would follow below procedure: (copied from the school admission policy)

Oversubscription Criteria
Oversubscription criteria will be applied if there are more applicants than the 96 places available. A qualifying score will be determined
(to two decimal places) and applicants on or above that qualifying score will be deemed to have reached a standard which is suitable
for a grammar school. All applicants with scores on or above the qualifying score will be ranked according to their performance in the
tests.
Children with a Statement of Special Needs and/or an Education, Health and Care Plan and has named Kendrick School specifically on
the statement will always be admitted as long as they have met the qualifying score.
Offers will then be made from the ranked list in the following order and within each category, according to the ranked order:
1. The applicant is a looked after child or previously looked after child1
2. The permanent home address of the applicant is within the designated area of the school and the applicant is Pupil Premium
or Service Premium child2
. Documentary evidence, or confirmation from the applicant’s current primary school, that the
parent has been or is in receipt of the appropriate support payment entitling the child to Pupil Premium or Service Premium
will be required.
3. The permanent home address of the applicant is within the designated area of the school and this home address is the address
of the parent(s)/carer(s) and the applicant.
4. Applicants whose home address is NOT in the designated area of the school.

https://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/_si ... 37C938.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This sounds like potentially fraudulent applications have been made, as no one from outside catchment would have been awarded a place, as you have rightly pointed out.

If you believe these are fraudulent applications, I’d strongly urge you to report to the school and Reading Council, so the right girls get their rightful places and those who have tried to cheat the system do not gain from their cheating.

If you don’t wish to do this yourself for whatever reason, I’m happy to do this for you if you PM me the information.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

For those looking at the waiting list, as of the 20th March the WL has moved one place.

Kendrick give info f on WL movement here.

https://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/pag ... 19&pid=123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tonyheung

Post by tonyheung »

Waiting List

As at 25th March 2019 the waiting list has moved by three places. Please note a position on the waiting list may go up or down due to change of preference, offers and/or withdrawals.
Patz

Post by Patz »

Hello,

Kendrick website shows the waiting list has moved by seven places, How could I find the lowest score to gain entry as of today?
Did anyone in the waiting list get any mail from school regarding the movement?

Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think if you contact the school or RBC by email they should be able to give you an update on your WL position. I’m not sure if they can or will give you the new cut off, but position is more useful anyway. They are unlikely to update everyone else on the list as they keep people informed via the website.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now