READING ALLOCATIONS 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ConfusedFather

Re: READING ALLOCATIONS 2019

Post by ConfusedFather »

tonyheung wrote:What is the reference point of % you have in mind for comparison?
ConfusedFather wrote:Great post, could you do it also in % so we can compare the distribution curve on a like for like?
I was thinking to have % of the cohort on the y axis.
tonyheung

Post by tonyheung »

The y axis is the number of boys in the bin so the graph pattern would have the same distribution for %.
ConfusedFather wrote:
tonyheung wrote:What is the reference point of % you have in mind for comparison?
ConfusedFather wrote:Great post, could you do it also in % so we can compare the distribution curve on a like for like?
I was thinking to have % of the cohort on the y axis.
ConfusedFather

Post by ConfusedFather »

Yes I know, but per example, you cannot see if more kids as a % had 112 pts (as an example). As it stands, it does show you that there are indeed more kids in the >108 pts zone, and that it does indeed push the qualifying grade up. What it does not say, is if this cohort was more or less skewed to the left than in prior years. It feels to me that not only there were more kids, but more kids in the higher end of the spectrum, and the best way (I think) to visualise it, is to normalise these curves (and one option is to use % of the cohort, or you can base 100 them)
Becky_Hill

Post by Becky_Hill »

Becky_Hill wrote:Our DS got 111.94 but no place. Sorry, previously posted score (111.96) was a mistake
tonyheung

Post by tonyheung »

Becky_Hill wrote:
Becky_Hill wrote:Our DS got 111.94 but no place. Sorry, previously posted score (111.96) was a mistake
This should be 8th on the waiting list. Any news so far? Kendrick had moved five places so far.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

So far I’ve only know of the second WL placed being offered but that was a while ago. I do t think Reading put itvon their website unlike Kendrick who do. If it’s on there I’ve not found it before.
Becky_Hill

Post by Becky_Hill »

tonyheung wrote:
Becky_Hill wrote:
This should be 8th on the waiting list. Any news so far? Kendrick had moved five places so far.
Yes, 8th place on the WL, no other news since 1 March. I am not holding my breath, it is too far to get in.