Waiting list for Reading Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
melsby

Re: Waiting list for Reading Boys

Post by melsby »

FYI a score of 111.15 seems to map to 27th on the waiting list. We just received an email from the school. I guess the list won't move 27 places with a 138 intake.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

paddy_s wrote:ok waiting list email landed a few minutes ago. Does anyone know from historical data how far it moves?
Unfortunately not. Kendrick have in the past posting this info on their website, if Reading also have I’ve never been able to find it and no one has ever pointed it out or posted info on here.

Kendrick typically have moved between 1 and 6 places, (see the Kendrick historic data thread) but I don’t know if that is reflected at Reading. My gut feel (and I really just mean my gut feel, I have no idea if I’m right) is that it moves a little more than Kendrick.

For those of you on the WL any info you can give me for this year will be gratefully received and posted on the historic data thread for future parents.
wasabi1

Post by wasabi1 »

My DS at 111.67 is 11th on waiting list. My understanding was only 4 to 5 children from WL make it each year hence I am not having much hope. Surprised to see the such a big jump in cutoff this year
mumsied

Post by mumsied »

112.45- within top 3 of the waiting list.
Becky_Hill

Post by Becky_Hill »

The cut-off mark is 112.46.

"..... As at 1st March 2019, there were 89 candidates on the day waiting list and 4 candidates on the boarding waiting list; the highest total age weighted score on the day waiting list was 112.46 (within the Designated Area). The highest total age weighted score on the boarding waiting list was 109.34....."
tonyheung

Post by tonyheung »

Tinkers wrote:
paddy_s wrote:ok waiting list email landed a few minutes ago. Does anyone know from historical data how far it moves?
Unfortunately not. Kendrick have in the past posting this info on their website, if Reading also have I’ve never been able to find it and no one has ever pointed it out or posted info on here.

Kendrick typically have moved between 1 and 6 places, (see the Kendrick historic data thread) but I don’t know if that is reflected at Reading. My gut feel (and I really just mean my gut feel, I have no idea if I’m right) is that it moves a little more than Kendrick.

For those of you on the WL any info you can give me for this year will be gratefully received and posted on the historic data thread for future parents.
For last year (2018 entry), based on Tinker's historical data, highest place in WL was 110.54 and in FAQ lowest admitted at the end was 110.45. From the FOI raw data, those in catchment in below list, showing five boys get in from the waiting list by Sept 2018.

Rank........Score
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

That looks reasonable and about what I’d expect.
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

wasabi1 wrote:are we to accept the current offered place in the meantime?
I would suggest you accept the current offered place. If Reading Boys was your choice above the current offered school then you should be automaticaly put on the waiting list. Like has been mentioned in other posts below, the e-mails for the waiting lists have been sent out.
Becky_Hill

Post by Becky_Hill »

Becky_Hill wrote:Update: Our DS is 8th on the waiting list (1st March, 9.30am)

Update: Our DS got 111.94 but no place. Sorry, previously posted score (111.96) was a mistake. Hope this helps.
jyothi

Post by jyothi »

Hi All, does anyone know is there any movement in the reading boys waiting list please?