Upton court cut off for 2019 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
trimission

Re: Upton court cut off for 2019 entry

Post by trimission »

A question for parents with DC's obtaining high scores (120 plus) - was your application compliant with other eligibility criteria on the admissions policy, including submitting the application on time?

I know it's an obvious question, but the inconsistency of 121 getting a place and 125 missing out is puzzling. So I'm wondering if there could be other explanation...
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

trimission wrote:A question for parents with DC's obtaining high scores (120 plus) - was your application compliant with other eligibility criteria on the admissions policy, including submitting the application on time?

I know it's an obvious question, but the inconsistency of 121 getting a place and 125 missing out is puzzling. So I'm wondering if there could be other explanation...
The common theme seems to be applications from Surrey County Council.
gosh_saveme

Post by gosh_saveme »

2015_11_plus wrote:
trimission wrote:A question for parents with DC's obtaining high scores (120 plus) - was your application compliant with other eligibility criteria on the admissions policy, including submitting the application on time?

Was there any other criteria that was taken into account
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

gosh_saveme wrote:
2015_11_plus wrote:

Was there any other criteria that was taken into account
That's what we are trying to find out today. Already spoke to Surrey County Council and they said they are not aware of there being any technical problems. However, they also said that it is upto the schools to inform the council about the allocations so now we are chasing the schools but as you would expect on Monday morning all calls are going to voicemail :(
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

Just received letter from upton.

Position in waiting list-

rank score position- 30
Distance position- 104

My child wont be getting a place at upton will they?? :/
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Gee9876 wrote:Just received letter from upton.

rank score position- 30
Distance position- 104

I don’t know how much the WL typically moves.

However with the Surrey/Slough mix up, it’s quite possible that if they should have offered places to those that are affected, they either have to accept they will go over PAN to offer them or will need to withdraw places from those already offered :shock: . In either case, your position on the WL may go down further or you’ll have to wait for the the school the get back to below PAN before they start offering places again as they come up.

It depends on whether the schools ‘know’ about the students missing their place or not. It’s looking like they didn’t.
gosh_saveme

Post by gosh_saveme »

Just one thing I would like to mention, surrey county have asked me not to do anything about accepting the current offer. Is this something everyone else is doing as well who have been impacted?
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

Tinkers wrote:
Gee9876 wrote:Just received letter from upton.

rank score position- 30
Distance position- 104

I don’t know how much the WL typically moves.

However with the Surrey/Slough mix up, it’s quite possible that if they should have offered places to those that are affected, they either have to accept they will go over PAN to offer them or will need to withdraw places from those already offered :shock: . In either case, your position on the WL may go down further or you’ll have to wait for the the school the get back to below PAN before they start offering places again as they come up.

It depends on whether the schools ‘know’ about the students missing their place or not. It’s looking like they didn’t.
The Slough schools (including Upton) are now aware of the problems as discussed in the other thread. The waiting list positions are a bit further than what normally gets through but given the mess up things may change again depending on how they decide to resolve it.
rukmesh

Post by rukmesh »

We had already accepted our 4th choice school and today we have received an email from the school asking us to accept the place in writting (returning a acceptance slip). We would be holding on to that upto 10th perhaps and then decide
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

gosh_saveme wrote:Just one thing I would like to mention, surrey county have asked me not to do anything about accepting the current offer. Is this something everyone else is doing as well who have been impacted?
We declined the school that was offered although the general advice was to accept. I am not sure, given the circumstances, so best to clarify with them what they mean by that.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now