Upton court cut off for 2019 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rukmesh

Re: Upton court cut off for 2019 entry

Post by rukmesh »

Apologies I think my question was a bit vague. Here’s what I posted on Surrey branch of the forum.

A question to other parents here.
Our list on CAF was as follows
1 Tiffin Girls
2 Nonsuch
3 Upton Court
4 Wallington
5. Langley
6. Herschel
Our DD had scored 318 in NonSuch/Wallington, 125 in Slough Grammar.
Yesterday, we have been offered Wallington which we have accepted but I have a questions.
1 We have no information from Upton Court. I was reading on Berkshire forum, that 2-3 children from our Council area who had scored 120+ score in Slough exams, have NOT got any offer. How can we verify this ? What if our council goofed up something ? How to go about finding more about it

Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I would follow the advice given to others in the same situation: call the school on Monday morning to see if they think you have been allocated a place & then contact your local authority (Spelthorne?).
scary mum
rukmesh

Post by rukmesh »

scary mum wrote:I would follow the advice given to others in the same situation: call the school on Monday morning to see if they think you have been allocated a place & then contact your local authority (Spelthorne?).
Thanks
Even we were of the same view. Will call Upton court and nonsuch and then get back to our LA
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

ric3008 wrote:Both of my twin DDs got into Upton. One with a score of 129 the other with 131. Distance is 9 miles.

Congratulations, I hope your twins enjoy Upton as much as my DD and DS do!
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

rukmesh wrote:Apologies I think my question was a bit vague. Here’s what I posted on Surrey branch of the forum.

A question to other parents here.
Our list on CAF was as follows
1 Tiffin Girls
2 Nonsuch
3 Upton Court
4 Wallington
5. Langley
6. Herschel
Our DD had scored 318 in NonSuch/Wallington, 125 in Slough Grammar.
Yesterday, we have been offered Wallington which we have accepted but I have a questions.
1 We have no information from Upton Court. I was reading on Berkshire forum, that 2-3 children from our Council area who had scored 120+ score in Slough exams, have NOT got any offer. How can we verify this ? What if our council goofed up something ? How to go about finding more about it

Thanks
The difference between you and the other Spelthorne applicants is that you have been allocated a school that was actually on your CAF.
But this is sounding more and more like an error with Spelthorne CAFs!
Unless the cut off for Upton is higher than 125 which would be very surprising! (but not impossible of course) but that doesn't explain why some DC with lower scores have been allocated Langley and higher scores haven't in the same Priority area?
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

Upton cut off is most likely 121
As someone we know has got in with that score. Distance of 10 miles
gosh_saveme

Post by gosh_saveme »

ric3008 wrote:Both of my twin DDs got into Upton. One with a score of 129 the other with 131. Distance is 9 miles.
Was this purely based on 'Rank score' ?
gosh_saveme

Post by gosh_saveme »

Gee9876 wrote:Upton cut off is most likely 121
My DD has been refused a place, 128 score, 5.5miles. Above mentioned case is purely on 'Rank score' ?
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Then it sounds like there has been an error with allocations as a few with higher scores haven't been offered,

I suppose they may have got in on distance? although I very much doubt it's stretched that far, last year it was slightly over 5 miles.
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

gosh_saveme wrote:
My DD has been refused a place, 128 score, 5.5miles. Above mentioned case is purely on 'Rank score' ?
Which LA are you in? With that score it sounds like another error.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now