Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:18 am
Posts: 36
Gee9876
Thank you, yes we declined Upton court as we holding already offer from private schools but still hoping to find out what is going with HBS admission!!!!!!
Good luck everyone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Posts: 94
All the best Solara!!

I have heard from a friend that she knows someone with 121 got offer from Upton!!

How frustrating! What does this mean for my child who didnt get in with 120?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:20 pm
Posts: 54
Gee9876 wrote:
All the best Solara!!

I have heard from a friend that she knows someone with 121 got offer from Upton!!

How frustrating! What does this mean for my child who didnt get in with 120?


Which local authority are you in Gee9876? Asking as I am in a situation where our child did not get any offer and had a score of 124 and we think it's an error somewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Posts: 94
2015_11_plus wrote:
Gee9876 wrote:
All the best Solara!!

I have heard from a friend that she knows someone with 121 got offer from Upton!!

How frustrating! What does this mean for my child who didnt get in with 120?


Which local authority are you in Gee9876? Asking as I am in a situation where our child did not get any offer and had a score of 124 and we think it's an error somewhere.



I am in hounslow lea.
I am certain your child has got into Langley. I read about a similar situation last year too where a child got Langley but the eadmissions website had allocated a random school.
It all got sorted soon enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:00 am
Posts: 2
Both of my twin DDs got into Upton. One with a score of 129 the other with 131. Distance is 9 miles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:20 pm
Posts: 54
Gee9876 wrote:
2015_11_plus wrote:
Gee9876 wrote:
All the best Solara!!

I have heard from a friend that she knows someone with 121 got offer from Upton!!

How frustrating! What does this mean for my child who didnt get in with 120?


Which local authority are you in Gee9876? Asking as I am in a situation where our child did not get any offer and had a score of 124 and we think it's an error somewhere.



I am in hounslow lea.
I am certain your child has got into Langley. I read about a similar situation last year too where a child got Langley but the eadmissions website had allocated a random school.
It all got sorted soon enough.


Thank you that's reassuring and hopefully will be the case for our child too. For Upton, the waiting list is normally based on distance so it may not place you high depending on the distances for others in the waiting list. They don't use the score in this case.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:51 pm
Posts: 67
We live in Spelthorne area and our DD scored 125 in slough exams and we didnt get any of the slough schools. We had put Upton as our 3rd choice. Tiffins was our first choice and NonSuch our second. I cannot understand the system now. What could have gone wrong ? Who do we contact now ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 10564
Location: Essex
rukmesh wrote:
We live in Spelthorne area and our DD scored 125 in slough exams and we didnt get any of the slough schools. We had put Upton as our 3rd choice. Tiffins was our first choice and NonSuch our second. I cannot understand the system now. What could have gone wrong ? Who do we contact now ?



Which school were you actually allocated? Was it TGS or Nonsuch, or one you had ranked as a lower preference, or not named at all as a preference (the Admissions Code allows you to express preferences, which your LA must take into account when trying to find your DC a place, not make choices - there is a difference :) )?

If you were allocated TGS or Nonsuch, there would be no need for your LA to give you a place at Upton.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Posts: 94
rukmesh wrote:
We live in Spelthorne area and our DD scored 125 in slough exams and we didnt get any of the slough schools. We had put Upton as our 3rd choice. Tiffins was our first choice and NonSuch our second. I cannot understand the system now. What could have gone wrong ? Who do we contact now ?



I am pretty sure your DD would have got a place at Nonsuch with 318.
Must be another admin error!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Posts: 94
@ Toad Mum

Do you have any advice regarding waiting lists for slough schools?
As you are an established member of this forum


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021