Surrey no offers CAF Application

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rhiane

Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

Post by rhiane »

Oh my gosh, what a mess!

I can't imagine how stressful this is for you all, but hopefully it will be sorted out soon and your DC awarded their rightful places.

I remember the Warwickshire mess last year and it was heartbreaking to hear of places being offered and a week or so later taken away!

Let's hope that there's a smaller amount of people involved in Surrey

Good luck to all, I have no idea how LAs work so I'll be watching from the sidelines.

x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

rhiane wrote:Oh my gosh, what a mess!

I can't imagine how stressful this is for you all, but hopefully it will be sorted out soon and your DC awarded their rightful places.

I remember the Warwickshire mess last year and it was heartbreaking to hear of places being offered and a week or so later taken away!

Let's hope that there's a smaller amount of people involved in Surrey

Good luck to all, I have no idea how LAs work so I'll be watching from the sidelines.

x
Hopefully if it is a small number then the schools will be able to take them without anyone losing a place - will have impact on the WL of course if that happens
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I guess the schools will make a judgement call in whether to withdraw places depending on the numbers involved and how much the WL moves. Hopefully it’s just a handful and they can accommodate a few extra if need be.
MightyMum

Post by MightyMum »

By catching the situation this early I hope that makes it manageable without retracting offers.

IF the number of families declining offers is similar to those that should have received offers then there should be minimal impact.
After all, not everyone accepts the offer of a place.

It may affect movement on the wait list but then those children didn't have a place anyway.

It will also be interesting to see if there are many kids that get in that are going through the appeals process. We may end up finding that this years cohort end up being larger than other years.
usernamenotfound

Post by usernamenotfound »

What a mess!! not something you want after a stressful exam and long wait for the result. I am sorry that you all and kids are going through this.

We had Upton court as second preference and yet got an offer letter (email) from the School on Friday, though we accepted first preference on Friday morning from Local council. I don't know whether this thread is to track only those who have not offered a place, apologies if it is but thought this will help in someway. Another parent mentioned the same, and they had accepted elsewhere too. So hopefully, there will be some places opening up for you.
mad?

Post by mad? »

That's useful to know, thank you Usernamenotfound
mad?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

usernamenotfound wrote:What a mess!! not something you want after a stressful exam and long wait for the result. I am sorry that you all and kids are going through this.

We had Upton court as second preference and yet got an offer letter (email) from the School on Friday, though we accepted first preference on Friday morning from Local council. I don't know whether this thread is to track only those who have not offered a place, apologies if it is but thought this will help in someway. Another parent mentioned the same, and they had accepted elsewhere too. So hopefully, there will be some places opening up for you.
I think that’s helpful to know. Do you mind saying what LA you come under?

Cross post with Mad?
usernamenotfound

Post by usernamenotfound »

Bracknell Forest
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

usernamenotfound wrote:Bracknell Forest
Thanks. So we now know there’s at least once place available at Upton Court.

If there’s been issues between Slough and Spelthorne, and now a different issue between Slough and Bracknell, perhaps Slough is the sticking point?
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

Tinkers wrote:
usernamenotfound wrote:Bracknell Forest
Thanks. So we now know there’s at least once place available at Upton Court.

If there’s been issues between Slough and Spelthorne, and now a different issue between Slough and Bracknell, perhaps Slough is the sticking point?
Looks like it. I just got off the phone with Surrey admissions and they mentioned that as far as they can tell they sent the file over to Slough and the problem appears to be at the Slough end. According to the person I spoke to, Slough are now looking into it but no time-frame yet for when it will be resolved.

EDIT: Also spoke to someone in Slough admissions and pretty much the same line that they are working with Surrey on this and when they have an answer one of the councils will get in touch. Sounds like they acknowledge there is a problem and now need to sort it out. So will give them some breathing space for now!