Surrey no offers CAF Application

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2015_11_plus

Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

Post by 2015_11_plus »

Managed to get through to St Bernards school and spoke to a lady who mentioned that indeed they are aware there have been errors and they are going to send out emails later today with offers. Unfortunately, we couldn't get more details regarding the errors as we also spoke to Surrey County Council who stated that they were not aware of any errors and that it is the schools that are supposed to communicate back to the council. At least we know that there have been errors and hopefully the schools are sorting this out for everyone. My advice would be to keep trying to speak to the schools.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

good that they know there is a problem! Hopefully they will clarify soon - hate it when NAD is on a Friday
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

Another update: We also spoke to Herschel and they confirmed our worst fears - they did not have our child's record meaning the CAF never made it to them. This is sounding scary now as it means the schools never saw our child's application so not sure how this will be resolved and who needs to do what. We have sent emails to all the schools to ask for confirmation about this i.e. did they receive the application or not and if yes, why they did not offer a place and where our child is on the waiting list. Once I have heard from the schools and they confirm one way or the other, I think the next stop will be Surrey county council again?
MightyMum

Post by MightyMum »

2015_11_plus....On the CAF, which order did you put the Slough schools in? I'm glad they're acknowledging there's a problem.
rukmesh

Post by rukmesh »

Just spoke to Surrey council and they asked me to confirm from the school if they have received our application or not and if not then I should write back to Surrey .. not sure how they are going to sort this mess out..
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

Langley confirmed that they did NOT receive the application and thus our child is not on any of their lists :(

Surrey county contact centre advised we email their admissions team with the details. But yes this is a mess and at this point no indication of how they are going to resolve it!
rukmesh

Post by rukmesh »

I tried contacting Upton Court in the morning and left a message. I got a call from them a few minutes back and they have confirmed that they did not receive our application. It is a big mess and if they do not resolve it, I am thinking of approaching the court. Someone has to accept the respponsibility
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

rukmesh wrote:I tried contacting Upton Court in the morning and left a message. I got a call from them a few minutes back and they have confirmed that they did not receive our application. It is a big mess and if they do not resolve it, I am thinking of approaching the court. Someone has to accept the respponsibility
Same here - Upton also confirmed that they did not receive the application. Given that all of us affected are from one LA this points to being Surrey county's fault?
gosh_saveme

Post by gosh_saveme »

rukmesh wrote:I tried contacting Upton Court in the morning and left a message. I got a call from them a few minutes back and they have confirmed that they did not receive our application. It is a big mess and if they do not resolve it, I am thinking of approaching the court. Someone has to accept the respponsibility
I contacted upton court and they told me that they had allocated a place for my DS and confirmed that there was an error and wasnt why surrey didnt allocate the place. They were going to follow it up wth the surrey council. Pray that this mess gets sorted out quickly... anxiety at its peak.
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

gosh_saveme wrote:
I contacted upton court and they told me that they had allocated a place for my DS and confirmed that there was an error and wasnt why surrey didnt allocate the place. They were going to follow it up wth the surrey council. Pray that this mess gets sorted out quickly... anxiety at its peak.
Does that mean they received your CAF? Or have they allocated based on information they can access via the Slough Consortium data for 11+ results?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now