11 Plus Exams Forum
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/

Surrey no offers CAF Application
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=57459
Page 5 of 8

Author:  gosh_saveme [ Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

2015_11_plus wrote:
Tinkers wrote:
usernamenotfound wrote:
Bracknell Forest


Thanks. So we now know there’s at least once place available at Upton Court.

If there’s been issues between Slough and Spelthorne, and now a different issue between Slough and Bracknell, perhaps Slough is the sticking point?


Looks like it. I just got off the phone with Surrey admissions and they mentioned that as far as they can tell they sent the file over to Slough and the problem appears to be at the Slough end. According to the person I spoke to, Slough are now looking into it but no time-frame yet for when it will be resolved.

EDIT: Also spoke to someone in Slough admissions and pretty much the same line that they are working with Surrey on this and when they have an answer one of the councils will get in touch. Sounds like they acknowledge there is a problem and now need to sort it out. So will give them some breathing space for now!


Ditto as above... same messaging given to me from Slough and Surrey.

Author:  rukmesh [ Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

Fantastic.. I think parents on the forum have really helped each other. I was on the phone with Surrey and they said that they were aware of this issue and their admission team was actively investigating. They requested me to drop an email to their admission's team and when they have a formal answer/solution to this issue, they will write to us.
I hope they sort this mess out soon. All the best everyone

Author:  Tinkers [ Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

Sounds like progress is being made.

Author:  rhiane [ Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

usernamenotfound wrote:
What a mess!! not something you want after a stressful exam and long wait for the result. I am sorry that you all and kids are going through this.

We had Upton court as second preference and yet got an offer letter (email) from the School on Friday, though we accepted first preference on Friday morning from Local council. I don't know whether this thread is to track only those who have not offered a place, apologies if it is but thought this will help in someway. Another parent mentioned the same, and they had accepted elsewhere too. So hopefully, there will be some places opening up for you.



Sorry if I'm being a bit slow here but how did you get an offer from both your 1st and 2nd preferences on National Allocations Day?

Author:  gosh_saveme [ Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

rukmesh wrote:
Fantastic.. I think parents on the forum have really helped each other. I was on the phone with Surrey and they said that they were aware of this issue and their admission team was actively investigating. They requested me to drop an email to their admission's team and when they have a formal answer/solution to this issue, they will write to us.
I hope they sort this mess out soon. All the best everyone


Agree, this forum has certainly helped me and I hope many other as well. As I would have not known otherwise about scores and allocations. So a big thank you to everyone. Keep the information flow.

Author:  Tinkers [ Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

rhiane wrote:
usernamenotfound wrote:
What a mess!! not something you want after a stressful exam and long wait for the result. I am sorry that you all and kids are going through this.

We had Upton court as second preference and yet got an offer letter (email) from the School on Friday, though we accepted first preference on Friday morning from Local council. I don't know whether this thread is to track only those who have not offered a place, apologies if it is but thought this will help in someway. Another parent mentioned the same, and they had accepted elsewhere too. So hopefully, there will be some places opening up for you.



Sorry if I'm being a bit slow here but how did you get an offer from both your 1st and 2nd preferences on National Allocations Day?


They have one offer from the LA and an email from a different school that thinks they have allocated a place, probably because the LA hasn’t told them the place isn’t required. As to which LA is at fault, who knows.

Author:  rukmesh [ Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

Anyone has any update on Surrey vs Slough mess ?

Author:  2015_11_plus [ Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

Spoke to both Slough and Surrey ...

Slough seemed to change tune today and initially told me I should speak to Surrey as am not from Slough but then gave me a bit more time but essentially they still don't know what happened and are still looking into it.

Surrey on the other hand were much clearer today and the person I spoke to read me some email that their superior had sent and basically saying they did send all data in November and Slough picked it up 10 days later but then no one knows what happened. So Surrey are now waiting to hear from Slough about further actions. However, she did mention that as long as the child would have been offered a place if the application had been processed correctly, then either Slough will fix it and get the place sorted or if not then at appeals we can use "maladministration" and the appeal should be upheld. She said the hope is Slough sorts this out now so that we don't have to go through appeals but they will let us know as soon as there is more news. May be tomorrow they will send some communication. They also apologised for all the distress caused and will endeavour to keep us informed.

Author:  rhiane [ Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

Tinkers wrote:
rhiane wrote:
usernamenotfound wrote:
What a mess!! not something you want after a stressful exam and long wait for the result. I am sorry that you all and kids are going through this.

We had Upton court as second preference and yet got an offer letter (email) from the School on Friday, though we accepted first preference on Friday morning from Local council. I don't know whether this thread is to track only those who have not offered a place, apologies if it is but thought this will help in someway. Another parent mentioned the same, and they had accepted elsewhere too. So hopefully, there will be some places opening up for you.



Sorry if I'm being a bit slow here but how did you get an offer from both your 1st and 2nd preferences on National Allocations Day?


They have one offer from the LA and an email from a different school that thinks they have allocated a place, probably because the LA hasn’t told them the place isn’t required. As to which LA is at fault, who knows.


Ah, Yes of course, makes sense now! thank you.

Author:  Tinkers [ Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Spelthorne no offers CAF Application

2015_11_plus wrote:
Spoke to both Slough and Surrey ...

Slough seemed to change tune today and initially told me I should speak to Surrey as am not from Slough but then gave me a bit more time but essentially they still don't know what happened and are still looking into it.

Surrey on the other hand were much clearer today and the person I spoke to read me some email that their superior had sent and basically saying they did send all data in November and Slough picked it up 10 days later but then no one knows what happened. So Surrey are now waiting to hear from Slough about further actions. However, she did mention that as long as the child would have been offered a place if the application had been processed correctly, then either Slough will fix it and get the place sorted or if not then at appeals we can use "maladministration" and the appeal should be upheld. She said the hope is Slough sorts this out now so that we don't have to go through appeals but they will let us know as soon as there is more news. May be tomorrow they will send some communication. They also apologised for all the distress caused and will endeavour to keep us informed.


I’ve had a bit of a discussion with Etienne (our appeals expert) about the appeals process the group of you affected might face, as I expected this to come up, and this was her response.

Quote:
Parents should certainly keep their options open by going to appeal, but could wait a a week or two to see whether there are any developments. Their appeal deadline is likely to be somewhere around 28th March, but they need to check.
They don't have to write much for an appeal at this stage. If they wish, they can simply put “Full details of case to follow”.
Most appeals are not going to be heard before the end of April or beginning of May at the earliest.
There is nothing to stop parents cancelling an appeal at the last minute if it is no longer needed.

The difficulty they might face at an appeal is the number of children involved.
An appeal panel should have no problem admitting one or two if they would definitely have got a place but for the maladministration.
However, if the number is so large that to admit them all would cause serious prejudice to the school, then, in accordance with the Appeals Code, I'm afraid the panel will be obliged to choose and to admit only the strongest cases. This would inevitably mean taking other factors into account in order to determine which cases are the strongest:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2

Page 5 of 8 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/