Upton Court Grammar waiting list 2019 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Gee9876

Upton Court Grammar waiting list 2019 entry

Post by Gee9876 »

Can people with children in Upton Court Grammar Schools waiting list please keep us updated on here as/when there is some movement.

Likewise, if someone declines a place at Upton Court please let us know too.

Unlike some of the other regions there doesnt seem to be much visibility of the waiting list movement in Berkshire.
So let’s help each other out!

Thanks
Gee9876

Re: Upton Court Grammar waiting list 2019 entry

Post by Gee9876 »

Wow no replies?

So I am guessing no one has any updates on the waiting list?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I don’t recall seeing much in the way of WL updates for the Slough GSs over the years.

Hopefully someone will update you though.
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

Thanks Tinkers.

Yes I dont understand why there is not much talk regarding the slough waiting lists on here.

I have seen lots of updates regarding waiting lists for tiffin, sutton schools, hbs etc. Their waiting lists have moved at least 10 places but there doesnt seem to be much movement in slough schools.

I know that Upton court has still not reached position 10 in the waiting list? I find this hard to believe, it doesn’t sound right?
How are thhe waiting lists for super selective grammar schools moving faster than slough?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

In comparison kendrick has only moved 3 places so far and typically moves 4-6 places in total (one year recently it only moved 1 place!). Reading school is similar and to my knowledge has moved 2 places so far

There does tend to be far more movement in London as there’s a lot more selective schools and independent schools, and one child taking a place at an indie, therefore giving up their state school place has a much bigger domino effect.
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

But then the thing with Kendrick and Reading is that they only take from catchment- is that right? So I can understand that there would not be much movement there.

Also, many children that ended up with a slough school as their 2nd/3rd/4th choice are also on other waiting lists such as tiffin/sutton grammars etc. So i would expect that domino effect have an impact in slough too?

Im just frustrated I guess that my child ended up on the waiting list over 1 mark!! Which in any previous year would not even have mattered as that score was always safe to get in!!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Both Tiffin schools have catchments too, but they are all big catchments anyway. I think the Tiffin schools’ catchments are smaller than Reading/Kendrick, though obviously there’s a much higher population density.

I would expect the Slough GS WL list to move a little more than the Reading schools, but certainly not as much as the ones closer to London. Unfortunately I have no reliable info for that though.

It might be worth Contacting the LA or school and asking how much the WL has moved in previous years, though bear in mind past performance is no guarantee of future performance.
Gee9876

Post by Gee9876 »

Hi Tinkers

I did ask the school admissions office but they couldn’t comment!!
Guess we just have to watch & see.....

Its a shame that people don’t share much on this forum about their experiences with the slough consortium waiting lists. It would really help out the parents that are waiting.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’d agree. Hopefully your experience will help those after.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Gee9876 wrote:Thanks Tinkers.

Yes I dont understand why there is not much talk regarding the slough waiting lists on here.

I have seen lots of updates regarding waiting lists for tiffin, sutton schools, hbs etc. Their waiting lists have moved at least 10 places but there doesnt seem to be much movement in slough schools.

I know that Upton court has still not reached position 10 in the waiting list? I find this hard to believe, it doesn’t sound right?
How are thhe waiting lists for super selective grammar schools moving faster than slough?
Forgive me, but something I always find odd, is people being surprised that more people don't want to give up places at a school which they themselves deem desirable...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx