Moving to new area and waiting to get into primary school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Soniagupta

Re: Moving to new area and waiting to get into primary schoo

Post by Soniagupta »

Can I ask - is it the fact that it is difficult to get a place, or becuase (excuse the pun!) it is not at the desired school?-- Yes it is difficult to get into desired school.

If you have already moved in Langley area and this will be a permanent move then shouldn't this include local school, local friends and local social activities? Therefore, surely it makes sense to move the school as well?-- Yes, you are right but as mentioned this is difficult to get into desired school so i would not wish to send her to any required improvement school, however not necessairly all primary school freinds join in same secondary school, in this case she will have new and may be local new friends in secondary school.

Otherwise you risk problems further down the line when your child starts secondary school and is the only one with few local connections.
hel_tcw

Re: Moving to new area and waiting to get into primary schoo

Post by hel_tcw »

Hi,

May I suggest that you look at the admissions criteria for LGS (as well as some of the other local secondary schools) as this will give you an idea of where to look.

A lot of the local grammars are starting to add feeder school/ catchment criteria - you are in a position of using that information to aid you in your search.

Plus you might find, looking at the school websites, that you/ your DC prefer the look of one of the other schools.

Good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now