Reading Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ros123

Reading Boys

Post by Ros123 »

Hi Everyone,
We are living outside the catchment of Reading boys, as per the condition for designated area, candidate should be living in the catchment on or before 31st August 2109 for the admission for 2020. We sold our house in May 2019, but the house we are buying in Reading has a long chain and at the time of registering it wasn't completed but this now going to complete and we will be exchanging the contracts soon. But the problem is I cannot change the details online and schools are closed. I scared what to do now. HELP!
ToadMum

Re: Reading Boys

Post by ToadMum »

Ros123 wrote:Hi Everyone,
We are living outside the catchment of Reading boys, as per the condition for designated area, candidate should be living in the catchment on or before 31st August 2109 for the admission for 2020. We sold our house in May 2019, but the house we are buying in Reading has a long chain and at the time of registering it wasn't completed but this now going to complete and we will be exchanging the contracts soon. But the problem is I cannot change the details online and schools are closed. I scared what to do now. HELP!
There will be admissions people in all secondary schools with sixth forms on Thursday 22nd, which is GCSE results day, also there will be staff in schools on Thursday 15th, which is A level / AS results day. However, on both those dates, any staff in will be there predominantly to facilitate enrolment into 6th form / aid sixth formers with post 18 queries etc. Have you tried contacting the local authority?

One thought, though - the IC / OOC distinction can only be relevant with regard to those actually applying for a place, i.e. naming the school on their CAF, so if it is 'by 31st August', not 'at the time of registering to sit the test' that is the deadline, presumably it is by that point (i.e. by 31st October) that you have to prove that your sole address as at 31st August was in the designated area?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If you’ve sent an email/letter to the school, then you will have sent in the required info at the right time.

As TM says you aren’t actually applying to the school yet, just to take the test. As long as you can prove you moved into catchment before the end of August, then you should be fine.

I’m guessing you are moving into a Reading, or possibly Wokingham, Council area, so will be applying to schools via one or the other.

The school will have people around on the A level and gcse results days
Ros123

Post by Ros123 »

Thank you so much for reply.
This is thing on their website:
If the home address changes between registering for the entrance test and 31st August 2019, parents must provide
proof of the new address which will be requested by Reading School.
Applicants may also need to produce evidence that the previous home is no longer used by the family – for example,
proof that the property has been sold or that it is no longer available for you and your family to live in or that a rental
agreement has ended. This is to show that the new address is not a temporary arrangement purely to secure a
school place.
If the home address changes after 31st August 2019, the new address can only be taken into account after National
Offer Day on 1st March 2020.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Ros123 wrote:Thank you so much for reply.
This is thing on their website:
If the home address changes between registering for the entrance test and 31st August 2019, parents must provide
proof of the new address which will be requested by Reading School.
Applicants may also need to produce evidence that the previous home is no longer used by the family – for example,
proof that the property has been sold or that it is no longer available for you and your family to live in or that a rental
agreement has ended. This is to show that the new address is not a temporary arrangement purely to secure a
school place.
If the home address changes after 31st August 2019, the new address can only be taken into account after National
Offer Day on 1st March 2020.
The key word is applicants. Your DS isn't one of those, yet. But yes, you need to let the school know about your change of address as soon as it happens, for communications purposes, if nothing else.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Ros123

Post by Ros123 »

Thank you so much for clarifying.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now