SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2019 (for 2020 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Solarsystem

Re: SLOUGH SCHOOLS RESULTS 2019 (for 2020 entry)

Post by Solarsystem »

My son has achieved 123 and we are in UB6 postcode area. Roughly 11.7 miles crow flies from Upton and 12.9 miles crow flies distance from Herschel. What are the chances?
brk2019

Post by brk2019 »

Hello All, The Upton Court Grammar data for 2019 shows they went up to the distance cutoff of 3.52 Miles, what does this actualy mean. Is this the inner prioriry area ? does this also mean all eligible kids ( 111 and above) is offered a place within the inner priority.

As per the upton court admissions rule, up to PAN of 165 after the allocation of first 120 seats is offered place based on proximity to the school,nearest first

Will be helpful if the members of this group and kindly help to clarify.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

brk2019 wrote:Hello All, The Upton Court Grammar data for 2019 shows they went up to the distance cutoff of 3.52 Miles, what does this actualy mean. Is this the inner prioriry area ? does this also mean all eligible kids ( 111 and above) is offered a place within the inner priority.

As per the upton court admissions rule, up to PAN of 165 after the allocation of first 120 seats is offered place based on proximity to the school,nearest first

Will be helpful if the members of this group and kindly help to clarify.
Upton has no inner priority area as such, they will go out as far as needed to fill the places. After they have followed the over subscription criteria up to and including 6 (v) the remaining 45 places 6 (vi) will be offered on distance regardless of score, last year it was up to 3.52 miles but in previous years it has been much further than that.
Upton is more popular than ever so it's unlikely that distance will be extended by much (if at all, it may even shrink?)
acool

Post by acool »

Hi,
My DD scored 118.42 (Kendrick School) and 125 (Slough Consortium) looking at the last few years trend I am not sure how do I placed the school options. We live in Bracknell so have only three options in CAF. This is first time going through secondary school admission process so any help in placing option is really helpful.

The options I am thinking is -
1) Kendrick Reading (based on last years 114.17 last admission - I understand the situation is different this year on account of Priority 1 and Priority 2 area)
2) Upton Court (Based on last years 121 last admission)
3) Herschel Grammar School (Based on 117 last year's closing score)

Please please help me with you suggestion. Does this mean all three schools placed in the form will be process equally ? OR Does the preference in the CAF matters (e.g all highest score in first preference goes first and then highest score in second preference and so on - in that case we will be in disadvantage position for option 2 and 3)

Do you suggest any state school instead of Grammar in my situation? I am very confused.

To add more complexity she also scored 330 in Sutton Consortium and well above the last year's closing score for NonSuch High School (last year's closing sore was 317 in Sept) and Wallington School for Girl (Last year's closing score 306). We can think of applying Top 85 - non catchment seats for Non Such and Top 100 - non catchment seats for Wallington.

She also scored well (well above 121) but we are in OOC for Bucks.

My preference in case of move would be Bucks than Sutton county
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’ve answered your same question on the kendrick thread.
acool

Post by acool »

Many thanks Tinkers
acool

Post by acool »

I am just rephrasing my complicated question for this forum only from Slough point of view -

My DD scored 125 (Slough Consortium) looking at the last few years trend I am not sure how do I placed the school options. We live in Bracknell so have only three options in CAF. This is first time going through secondary school admission process so any help in placing option is really helpful.

Upton Court (Based on last years 121 last admission)
Herschel Grammar School (Based on 117 last year's closing score)

Do you suggest any state school instead of Grammar in my situation? I am very confused.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

acool wrote:I am just rephrasing my complicated question for this forum only from Slough point of view -

My DD scored 125 (Slough Consortium) looking at the last few years trend I am not sure how do I placed the school options. We live in Bracknell so have only three options in CAF. This is first time going through secondary school admission process so any help in placing option is really helpful.

Upton Court (Based on last years 121 last admission)
Herschel Grammar School (Based on 117 last year's closing score)

Grammar schools are state schools! only difference is that are they selective state schools.

No one knows what will happen this year, distances are shrinking and score cutoffs are rising.
125 'should' be a fairly safe score for both Upton and Herschel but it's certainly not 100%

As others have said with only 3 spaces on your CAF, 1 must be for a safe bet.
No one can advise you about any other state school as they don't know your catchment school/s
acool

Post by acool »

Does anyone know when Herschel introduced the 4 miles catchment - 2019 Entry or 2018 entry?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Last year was the first year.