READING SCHOOL RESULTS 2019 (for 2020 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rhiane

Re: READING SCHOOL RESULTS 2019 (for 2020 entry)

Post by rhiane »

Legofun wrote:
Ceb2jms wrote:Hi all,

DS got 114.74 and we are in catchment for Reading School. I am hoping that this is enough!
Hi
Could you please advise what does catchment refer in terms of Reading School? I have only learnt the term " designated area"( seems that only Children live within this area can register for the exam). The designated area is rather large, including some area from Hampshire too. Are these two areas the same for Reading School? Or, is there a "catchment area" too, in addition to the "designated area"?

Cheers

Legofun
Catchment and designated area are the same thing, anyone can register to take the test, although it would be a waste of time and effort if you live so far away that there's a zero chance of a place!
Legofun

Post by Legofun »

rhiane wrote:
Legofun wrote:
Ceb2jms wrote:Hi all,

DS got 114.74 and we are in catchment for Reading School. I am hoping that this is enough!
Hi
Could you please advise what does catchment refer in terms of Reading School? I have only learnt the term " designated area"( seems that only Children live within this area can register for the exam). The designated area is rather large, including some area from Hampshire too. Are these two areas the same for Reading School? Or, is there a "catchment area" too, in addition to the "designated area"?

Cheers

Legofun
Catchment and designated area are the same thing, anyone can register to take the test, although it would be a waste of time and effort if you live so far away that there's a zero chance of a place!

Thank you. My initial concern was that "how come the school has a catchment area in addition to the designated area! :x :roll: " As I was impressed that catchment area usually is rather small. We are in designated area. I have submitted CAF. Fingers crossed. :D :lol:
n00r

Post by n00r »

DS scored 117 for Slough and 109.03 for Reading. We are based in Reading (RG7). Can anyone advice what should be our option for CAF?

Some people recommended Reading 1 and Herschel 2nd. Do you agree?

Much appreciated for your help.

Best regards,
n00r
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

Anyone planning to write to Reading School under FOI to guess the possible in/out situation for your DS?

I heard that unlike some previous years, the full result list is not accessible this year, is that true ?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Reading won’t release this info until allocations day, at which point they will. There’s no point sticking in an FOI as others have done in previous years.

They have in the past given this info, but it comes back after the CAF deadline anyway so not much point and doesn’t really help even if people think it might. From last year they have said they will not release and have had official confirmation they don’t have to I believe.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

n00r wrote:DS scored 117 for Slough and 109.03 for Reading. We are based in Reading (RG7). Can anyone advice what should be our option for CAF?

Some people recommended Reading 1 and Herschel 2nd. Do you agree?

Much appreciated for your help.

Best regards,
n00r
Which one is your first preference? I’m guessing Reading since that’s where you live. If so put that first. Always put schools in your genuine order of preference and make sure there’s a school on there you are pretty sure you’ll get that you would be happy with.
PowerThru

Post by PowerThru »

indiemom wrote:Anyone planning to write to Reading School under FOI to guess the possible in/out situation for your DS?

I heard that unlike some previous years, the full result list is not accessible this year, is that true ?
Is it worthwhile for the parents to create an own anonymised list of scores that parents can share amongst themselves (google docs).? Just a thought...
tonyheung

Post by tonyheung »

indiemom wrote:Anyone planning to write to Reading School under FOI to guess the possible in/out situation for your DS?

From FAQ:

Q: I would like to make a Freedom of Information request for an anonymised copy of the standardised results.
A: This information will be published on the school’s website in March 2020. We are not obliged under section 22 of the FOIA to provide information that is intended for future publication. In line with the terms of this exemption, we have considered whether it would be in the public interest for us to provide you with the information ahead of publication, despite the exemption being applicable. In this case, we have concluded that the public interest favours withholding the information.
Cool 2

Post by Cool 2 »

Hi ,

My DS got 113.13 in Reading and 121 in Slough Consortium.We are thinking of putting Reading, Upton and Herschel in CAF in order of priority but really unsure if he will get any of these school. We are in catchment of Reading and within 10.44 of Upton. Will it be right preference to go for?
tonyheung

Post by tonyheung »

You may want to include the fourth choice as the local state school in case you not getting first three otherwise Council would just assign one available as overflow. Like everyone would say, the list should be in the genuine order of your preference.
Cool 2 wrote:Hi ,

My DS got 113.13 in Reading and 121 in Slough Consortium.We are thinking of putting Reading, Upton and Herschel in CAF in order of priority but really unsure if he will get any of these school. We are in catchment of Reading and within 10.44 of Upton. Will it be right preference to go for?