Herschel Grammer School Cut Off

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

satish141

Herschel Grammer School Cut Off

Post by satish141 »

All, my daughter scored 115 in Slough consortium and we live in Reading, last year the cut off was 117 for non catchment, any chances this may come down this year? thanks,
Tinkers

Re: Herschel Grammer School Cut Off

Post by Tinkers »

satish141 wrote:All, my daughter scored 115 in Slough consortium and we live in Reading, last year the cut off was 117 for non catchment, any chances this may come down this year? thanks,
Tbh I don’t expect it to change by much, but I could be wrong. Have you got a good alternative?
Curiodad

Post by Curiodad »

Also in reading and considering Herschel as an option as our DS has scored 117 for the Slough consortium (he has also just exceeded the cut off mark for Reading but am doubtful of him securing a place given the level of competition and last years lowest scored offer)

I'd heard that Herschel have made changes to their entry criteria....we already know children from or neighbourhood (Lower Earley, Reading) that attend Herschel but I wondered if any of these changes made securing a place when we reside in reading more difficult now.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Herschel brought in an inner priority area last year.

You can assess the impact of the allocations looking at the historic data thread here.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

In previous years we often had parents from LE asking about school transport from LE to Herschel, but last March I don’t remember seeing the same, although we had a number talking about Upton Court. However as a result of Herschel’s admissions changes, the cutoff for Upton Court went up as a result.
satish141

Post by satish141 »

thanks all for the response, so looks like less likely to secure a place on Herschel with 115 and from lower earley, never mind we have 2 choices Holt and Maiden Ealeigh, either of which we are fine, although preference would be Holt Girls School.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

satish141 wrote:thanks all for the response, so looks like less likely to secure a place on Herschel with 115 and from lower earley, never mind we have 2 choices Holt and Maiden Ealeigh, either of which we are fine, although preference would be Holt Girls School.
Which one are you in catchment for? You are unlikely to get the one you are not in catchment for. You’ll need to be within a mile of Maiden Erlegh to be sure if a place there.
I can check distance cutoff for Holt later but from memory I doubt it gets as far as LE

ETA last year on allocations day, Holt allocated to 3.196 miles in category G.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Have just seen this for Maiden Erlegh School

http://hamiltonit.co.uk/Tools/google_ma ... chment.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
satish141

Post by satish141 »

Just checked we are only 0.92 miles away from Maiden Earligh and 2.97 miles from Holt (Google Crow Flies measurement), so mostly we should get in either of the schools isn't it?
satish141

Post by satish141 »

Tinkers wrote:
satish141 wrote:thanks all for the response, so looks like less likely to secure a place on Herschel with 115 and from lower earley, never mind we have 2 choices Holt and Maiden Ealeigh, either of which we are fine, although preference would be Holt Girls School.
Which one are you in catchment for? You are unlikely to get the one you are not in catchment for. You’ll need to be within a mile of Maiden Erlegh to be sure if a place there.
I can check distance cutoff for Holt later but from memory I doubt it gets as far as LE

ETA last year on allocations day, Holt allocated to 3.196 miles in category G.
Just checked we are only 0.92 miles away from Maiden Earligh and 2.97 miles from Holt (Google Crow Flies measurement), so mostly we should get in either of the schools isn't it?