KENDRICK ALLOCATIONS 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bijuvmot

Re: KENDRICK ALLOCATIONS 2020

Post by bijuvmot »

Hello,

Kendrick has posted standardized score details under:
https://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/att ... 9&type=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Based on this data the the 96th rank under the designated area score is 114.25, but I think the 96 seat allocation (P1+P2)stopped somewhere around 80th to 85th ranking (around 115.5)..

Last allocated score with P1 criteria is 108.6 (136th ranking)

This data shows around 10-20 allocated seats gone to PP,Looked after etc from 75% allocation (96 seats).
Children living in P2 area got punished by this change. In reality if you live in P2 area you have only 80 seats .
Still I am not clear how the school is planning to operate the waiting list??

Many Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Why do you think 10-20 places have gone to PP/LAC etc? I’d be very (but pleasantly) surprised if it’s 20, I’d be a little surprised if it’s as high as 10 tbh.

ETA I’ve looked closer now and see why you think that. Not knowing your WL position I wouldn’t know exactly though.

In previous years there’s usually only one or two/year group and the school are encouraging more girls to apply by lowering the qualifying score and their widening horizons programmes.

What I also found interesting is the 7 of the top ten scorers aren’t in catchment!
bijuvmot

Post by bijuvmot »

>>Why do you think 10-20 places have gone to PP/LAC etc? I’d be very (but pleasantly) surprised if it’s 20, I’d be a little surprised if it’s as high as 10 tbh.

if you dig into past year data's before admission policy changes all the children who attained the top 96 rankings(more than this) have offered the place provided they are in designated area, but for this year I think the top 80-85 (rankings) from P2+P1 was offered the place (It is my assumption as there is no cut-off school revealed for the 96 place allocation)

I think the school lovered "cutoff to 105/100" so that they can acheive thier target number for funding...
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

They received capital funding to provide the extra 32 places on the basis that they going to prioritise PP/LAC and local girls. They would not have got the funding otherwise. They have been trying to increase the number of PP/LAC for some time, but very few even applied for the test in previous years, let alone get in.

Lowering the pass mark for them seems to have been the incentive required to get more applying to take the test. This is something I am personally pleased to see, though I understand why you would not be.

And yes, more PP/LAC girls means a little bit more funding for the the day to day running, but that extra funding goes towards the girls who need it. Tbh the school needs all the funding it can get. (I say this as a parent of a year 13 student there.)
pk123

Post by pk123 »

bijuvmot wrote:we live in P2 area, didn't get a place for 114.8 score. No update for waiting list also...
Looking into previous year data this score seems to be okay...
Any idea??? for any Errors..
Hi
Does ur daughter WL move further?
thank you
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

According to the kendrick website the WL has moved 6 places. I suspect they won’t be updating parent individually to tell them the WL position changes.

https://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/pag ... 20&pid=171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vjm

Post by vjm »

Does any DD got admission from Priority -2 area after initial allocations, from waiting list ?
bijuvmot

Post by bijuvmot »

I haven't heard anything from the school. I feel the waiting list arrangements is not inline with the admission policy....
I don't have any idea how they are filling the available spaces if you belong to P2 area.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

In previous years the school does not keep individual parents informed about movement of the WL, so don’t expect regular emails. Especially not in the current circumstances. They keep the website updated with info on the WL, (See link I posted above) and will contact parents as and when a place becomes available. If you want to know of your DDs WL has changed they may respond to an email.

Note that WL positions can also go down if people asked to be added to the list later and are further up the admissions criteria.
vjm

Post by vjm »

I have posted a query in kendrick Open evening which is held today at 5 PM (Cisco webex meeting)
The query is " Does waiting list have children from both P1 and P2 areas after initial round of allocations ?"
The answer posted is : "Yes, But P1 children takes priority "

So,I believe waiting list will have all P1 Area children in the beginning (who scored below 105) .I see 25 P1 area children who scored below 108.66 and 105 and waiting list moved 6 places.There is no realistic chance of getting admission for a P2 area children as there are still 19 from P1 area .

This convinces waiting list number -28 for a P2 area Child with 113.82 marks ( from message in this thread)

This is just my understanding from their answer to my Question .Please feel free to share your views .