SLOUGH ALLOCATIONS 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Berkmum2016

Re: SLOUGH ALLOCATIONS 2020

Post by Berkmum2016 »

what area do you live if you don't mind me asking? its just I know someone who did not get a place in Upton at 121.
roja12

Post by roja12 »

For Langley Grammar School, how many people in the waiting list will get the place based on past years wait-list movement?
abhishekjain118

Post by abhishekjain118 »

Anyone who get place in Herschel will surely get this information in an email.
I am posting it for any parents who come to this forum in future looking for Bus Routes for Herschel Grammar School.

It is here..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/175MCyD ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
babita

Post by babita »

abhishekjain118 wrote:
brk2019 wrote:
abhishekjain118 wrote:My daughter got an offer from Harschel ..
Our 1st choice was Kendrick.. but let's see..
We may have to move closer to Herschel .. :? :? :?
Hi , How far you live from Herschel, please do note you can avail bus service to grammar schools into slough, lot many kids do travel in daily from places as far as reading , Bracknel , wokingham etc.
Hi,
We are in Bracknell.. i was trying to find info about the school bus but couldn't find anything..
I would love to see how much time the bus takes from Bracknell to Herschel..
Moving place means, disturbing the younger one who has 2 more years of Primary..
-AJ
Hi Abhishek, I live in Bracknell and my son has been offered a place in Herschel Grammar School. We contacted the school about transport and they suggested car share for students travelling from Bracknell. They already have 4 students who travel from Bracknell.
I work in Slough so I can drop my son off in the mornings but I need to sort after school pick up.
hel_tcw

Post by hel_tcw »

Congrats to everyone who has got in.

Re transport - a lot of kids at Upton and St Bernard's catch the number 81 bus (including my pair who go to St Bernard's). The advantage is cos it is a London bus they can use a photo oyster card.

I had to register and order them on the tfl website - the cost was £15 for the card but I had to put some credit on to it as well. The card lasts 5 years and as long as there is credit on it then the bus journey is free.
abhishekjain118

Post by abhishekjain118 »

Thanks Babita..
from last 1 months, we were not at all thinking about this.. all because of lockdown and stuff..
Yeah, surely now I need to think about the transport. we are still thinking of moving to slough..
but never know, we may decide to continue here..
-Abhishek

Hi , How far you live from Herschel, please do note you can avail bus service to grammar schools into slough, lot many kids do travel in daily from places as far as reading , Bracknel , wokingham etc.
Hi Abhishek, I live in Bracknell and my son has been offered a place in Herschel Grammar School. We contacted the school about transport and they suggested car share for students travelling from Bracknell. They already have 4 students who travel from Bracknell.
I work in Slough so I can drop my son off in the mornings but I need to sort after school pick up.