READING ALLOCATIONS 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

READING ALLOCATIONS 2020

Post by Tinkers »

In preparation for allocations day this week I've set up this thread, for those who have applied to Reading school.
I'll update the historic admissions thread with info the school usually provide, however if you wish to, it is may be helpful to others to post your score (if it's around the cutoff mark) as well as saying if you got a place or not.

The school usually post FAQs with cutoff data etc and I will add this here when I see it.
ETA https://www.reading-school.co.uk/attach ... 6&type=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Historic data can be found here.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=44653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scores and waiting list positions may also be helpful, if you are happy to share them.

If you haven't got a place and want to appeal then I suggest you head over to our appeals section first.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you still have questions then head over to the appeals section of the forum.

Any questions about the school etc, please start a new thread and keep this one about places, scores waiting lists etc.
jagan

Re: READING ALLOCATIONS 2020

Post by jagan »

My Son Got 112.21 ( Reading School Marks)
Our first choice was Reading School, and second Hershal.
We did not get into Reading School, got offer from Hershal. We would like to know from Past experience how far Waiting List has moved in previous years. As of 2nd March 2020, my son is on Number 9 on Waiting List. We have been told Highest marks on Waiting List is 112.73
We are keen to see if there is any realistic chance of Waiting List moving by 8 spaces.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The waiting list certainly moves. However unlike kendrick, which posts this info on their website, Reading doesn’t, and I rely on people to give me the info. I’m not sure how much it moves.
Becky_Hill

Post by Becky_Hill »

jagan wrote:My Son Got 112.21 ( Reading School Marks)
Our first choice was Reading School, and second Hershal.
We did not get into Reading School, got offer from Hershal. We would like to know from Past experience how far Waiting List has moved in previous years. As of 2nd March 2020, my son is on Number 9 on Waiting List. We have been told Highest marks on Waiting List is 112.73
We are keen to see if there is any realistic chance of Waiting List moving by 8 spaces.
Our DS was 8th on the waiting list last year, not sure how many places he moved up but as per today, no offer received. We had an e-mail from RS recently saying that the original waiting list expired at the end of January and if we'd like to be notified when a place becomes available we should fill the form attached (it is not a waiting list that guarantees a place, all those interested will need to pass an exam). In addition, a couple of places may become available for year 9 entry, however, there will be 13+ style exam. Hope this helps.