Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:51 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 7:39 pm
Posts: 18
got the Slough consortium exam date as 15th which is clashing with Tiffin boys. Is anyone in the same boat? Can we request slough schools for alternate date?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 10241
Location: Essex
happymommy2 wrote:
got the Slough consortium exam date as 15th which is clashing with Tiffin boys. Is anyone in the same boat? Can we request slough schools for alternate date?


What does the Slough Consortium say?

Presumably Tiffin has already said No.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 6800
Location: Reading
I’d guess Slough will say no allowance for date change too, but that is a guess. Worth asking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 7:39 pm
Posts: 18
ToadMum wrote:
happymommy2 wrote:
got the Slough consortium exam date as 15th which is clashing with Tiffin boys. Is anyone in the same boat? Can we request slough schools for alternate date?


What does the Slough Consortium say?

Presumably Tiffin has already said No.


We haven't contacted them yet. Will send a mail to Slough Consortium first as Tiffin date was set long back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 10241
Location: Essex
Is there a large area of overlap between priority areas for Tiffin and those for the Slough grammar schools?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 pm
Posts: 9
As per the school website, Exam for Tiffins Boys is only one day i.e 15th Oct 2020.

is Slough Consortium conducting the exam on only one day or spread across few days ?
If it is spread across multiple days, then it is worth checking with Slough Consortium.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 pm
Posts: 9
happymommy2 wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
happymommy2 wrote:
got the Slough consortium exam date as 15th which is clashing with Tiffin boys. Is anyone in the same boat? Can we request slough schools for alternate date?


What does the Slough Consortium say?

Presumably Tiffin has already said No.


We haven't contacted them yet. Will send a mail to Slough Consortium first as Tiffin date was set long back.


Did you receive any response from Slough Consortium ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 7:39 pm
Posts: 18
we contacted the Slough consortium, they gave the option of doing the exam after Oct half term. But they haven't decided on the exact dates. So, we decided to go ahead with 15th Oct as DS is getting frustrated with the delayed exams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 10068
Location: Herts
So you have been given the option of doing them both and you have decided not to.

So which one are you dropping? DG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 7:39 pm
Posts: 18
We are dropping Tiffin's. Both were on the same date 15th.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2020