Change of address after registration Slough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
amit0305

Change of address after registration Slough

Post by amit0305 »

Hi All,
I need urgent help from anyone. When I registered(May month) my son for slough 11 plus exam, we were staying in Maidenhead. I moved out of Maidenhead to Slough in Aug. So there is a different address in registration form and CAF form. How this situation will be treated by grammar school and council? which address will be considered for allocating school? Please let me know. :(
ToadMum

Re: Change of address after registration Slough

Post by ToadMum »

The obvious answer to that is another question, I'm afraid - what does it say on the local authority website and in the admissions policy for the schools you are applying for?

If you are living in Slough at the time of submitting your CAF and have provided the council with all the proof they require of your sole place of residence, then for any school that doesn't have different (more stringent) requirements of its own, the address used will be your new one.

However, if any of the schools you have applied for are academies and have different rules on residence - such as, the date used is a blanket earlier cut off, or 'as at date of registration to sit an entrance test, then your previous address would be taken into account when that individual school ranks your application.

You need to check with the actual admission authorities (LA and any own admission authority schools on your list) concerned.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'll move your post to Berkshire where it may get more replies. It's not really an appeal issue. Have you checked the Slough council website? It should say there what is needed regarding the address & what proof is needed that it's not just temporary.
As Toadmum says, you haven't applied to the school.until your CAF goes in, so it should be the address on the CAF unless the school has a requirement for a new address to be a certain amount of time before applying.
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

From Langley admissions.
Applicants must be resident at that address on the closing date for the Common Application Form on 31st October 2020 and have been continuously resident at the same address since 1st May 2020, ie six months prior to the closing date for the Common Application Form. The school may check the authenticity of the address stated; proof of residence or further information may be requested and must be provided.
So bear that in mind if you were thinking of applying to Langley as they have priority areas. Moving in now won’t make any difference.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now