Upton Grammar Vs Langley Grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ap2004

Upton Grammar Vs Langley Grammer

Post by ap2004 »

Hi, I would appreciate your perspective on a big question of "whether Upton grammar is a better option than Langley Grammar or vice versa". 9 out of 10 people are saying that Upton is a better option, but I don't think that's the case. Therefore, If Upton Grammar is a better option than Langley Grammar, why? Also, If Langley Grammar is better option than Upton Grammar, why? It Would be really good if you can specify the areas or parameters based on which you are making this judgement. Thank you for your help.
2020D2022S

Re: Upton Grammar Vs Langley Grammer

Post by 2020D2022S »

9 out of 10 people are saying that Upton is a better option, but I don't think that's the case.
If you already have an opinion on other people's opinions, why ask further?
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The best school is the one that suits your child better (alhtough I realise that with no open days it's hard to know which might suit your child better). Does one or the other have clubs/after school activities that your child is interetsted in? League tables are all very well but in 5 or 7 years time the teachers could be different, the exam boards could be different etc. Which is easiest to get to? They are both excellent schools, I am sure (schools go in & out of fashion with no regard for reason).
scary mum
ap2004

Post by ap2004 »

2020D2022S wrote:
9 out of 10 people are saying that Upton is a better option, but I don't think that's the case.
If you already have an opinion on other people's opinions, why ask further?
The reason for asking is to get an answer on why?? Based on which parmeters? There is no clarity on this important point. Thanks]
lewiskr

Post by lewiskr »

I think this is a personal question. When we did the school visits we had a much better feel for Langley than we did for Upton. When you look at the results there is not a lot in it. The Upton 6th form does not have the best reviews, but was ahead on progress 8 this year. I think Upton is the only one you are likely to get a place if you are out of the area now, so the minimum entry score is higher. Upton does a 1/2 day on Wednesday which I think the kids like but would have been a nightmare for us

we went with Langley, and were lucky to be able to visit and so far are happy with our choice. But I think we would have been happy with Upton also which was our second choice.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now