READING results 2020 (for 2021 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Re: READING results 2020 (for 2021 entry)

Post by Tinkers »

Harini wrote:hello friends,

My daughter has scored 122 in slough and 114.48 in Kendrick. We live in Wokingham, so we are in P2 for Kendrick. Would anyone be able to advise, if there is a chance of Kendrick and as alternates I am considering Hershel and Holt. Hershel is about 16 miles away and she would need to take the coach to get to school, while Holt is less than a mile. While we are an academically focused family, I am acutely aware of the burden of travel if I choose Hershel. Hearing from folks who might actually be doing the travel and how you find it would help. Would appreciate any advise and different viewpoints to help me make this really confusing decision easy for us. :?
In the last few years that score would be borderline, but you could be cautiously optimistic. However last year didn’t see P2 scores go down to 114 as far as I know.

I know of a few parents who haven’t even considered kendrick as they had the Holt as an option. I’ve come across girls from the school at STEM events and always been impressed with their attitude. They are the best performing school in Wokingham. I wouldn’t have hesitated, but we aren’t in catchment. DD briefly considered it for A level as a possible alternative to kendrick (although she was pretty sure she was staying at kendrick) but again I don’t think she would have got a place.

I don’t think it’s worth the travel to Herschel if you have an excellent school like the Holt on your doorstep.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now