qualifying score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sweetmama

qualifying score

Post by sweetmama »

Does anyone know whether they allocate scores for Kendrick P1 before P2?
Tinkers

Re: qualifying score

Post by Tinkers »

The first 96 places don’t differentiate between P1 and P2, it’s just based on score in catchment.

The P1 and P2 only apply to the extra 32 places and P1 get priority over P2. Judging by the scores, no one in P2 got one of the extra places last year.
sweetmama

Post by sweetmama »

Thanks Tinkers

What was the last qualifying score for the 32 places for P1 in 2020 admissions please
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

On allocations day, there were 117 on the WL. Highest score on the WL was 108.66 for P1 (no mention of P2 in the FAQ)
WL had moved three places by beginning of April. Moved 5 places (in total) by the beginning of May. Moved 6 places by mid May
Lowest QS score was 106.68 for a P1 place (excluding PP/SP/LAC).
Hope that helps.
Eatmum

Post by Eatmum »

This is the first year of P1 and P2 scores so there is no historic data for P1 and P2 split detail.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Eatmum wrote:This is the first year of P1 and P2 scores so there is no historic data for P1 and P2 split detail.

Last year (the current year 7s) was the first year to have the extra 32 places and the P1 and P2 split.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

For info, I keep the historic allocations data here and update when I see the result day and allocations day FAQs on the school websites.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=44651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sweetmama

Post by sweetmama »

Thanks Tinkers

I know you don't like to be asked this question. Can you please tell me, based on the results, what the predicted closing mark for Kendrick this year will be?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Argh!

I have no idea what the lowest P2 score last year was, but know it was a fair bit higher than the lowest score in previous years. So I’m not even going to attempt to guess that one.

The QS is lower this year but more have qualified. I suspect the lowest P1 score will be about the same, or a little higher than last year (108.66 on allocations day, down to 106 from the WL).

Covid is bound to make an impact as parents may not have put in their DC for as many exams, not knowing the score before the CAF deadline (and some areas not allowing any changes once results are known). So more would have put down more ‘safe bet’ schools like their local school. Plus job insecurity and financial issues means some will not be able to move if required (as some do every year), so no point putting down a school they’d have to move for if they got allocated it.
However those that would have considered private schools may not be able to, so may opt for a GS instead.

I don’t have a crystal ball though. Sorry.
sweetmama

Post by sweetmama »

Thanks Tinkers,

That is very helpful. My DD is around the 108 mark. I just have to look for a plan B. With more children qualifying the QS could go up.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now