KENDRICK ALLOCATIONS 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

felizefun

Re: KENDRICK ALLOCATIONS 2021

Post by felizefun »

@rgparent, where on the website can I find this data, please? I've looked but can't find it.
rgparent

Post by rgparent »

Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

https://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/att ... 9&type=pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
felizefun

Post by felizefun »

Thank you both for the link.
Tinkers

KENDRICK ALLOCATIONS 2021

Post by Tinkers »

JohnSt77 wrote:Yes, thank for sharing the link. I've done some early calcs. with the data:

According to this, the lowest score that would have been enough for a P2 place was 117.34

assumptions:
1) There were 17 PP places, leaving 79 places (out of original 96) in the ranked list to go to P2 children
2) Of the anonymised scores, if you remove the "No" scores (which were for children not in P1 or P2 preference area), then the 79th top score was 117.34
3) This assumes no PP children scored in the top 79 places - if they did then there would be an extra place (80th, 81st etc depending how many PP scored in top 79) that could be allocated to a P2 next highest ranked child.

Does this make sense? Anyone with other thoughts / please challenge if you think I am working out incorrectly.

Assumption 1. Not sure what you mean here, but the first 96 places minus the PP/LAC places could go to P1 or P2, not how you’ve written it to just be P2.

Assumption 3 I’d agree with, we have no idea what the PP/LAC scores
Johnst77

Post by Johnst77 »

Thank you Tinkers,

Sorry, to clarify my second point - there were 79 places available equally to P2 or P1 - ie no preference.... for a P2 child to qualify they would need to be in top 79 scores.

My DD got 117.28 not 117.58 (my mistake here) - do you think that was still enough to get in? My calcs. Showed this to be 1 place out but are yours different? To miss my one place is obviously really upsetting!

Thanks again
rgparent

Post by rgparent »

I made it that 117.34 or better in P2 looks like it should have earned a place. Depending upon what scores the 17 PP/SP kids got, the cut off may drop slightly lower, but I don't think we can answer that from the data released.

I guess the fact that your daughter didn't get offered a place means she must have been just outside the range - commiserations :(
vamirtha

Post by vamirtha »

Johnst77 wrote:Thank you Tinkers,

Sorry, to clarify my second point - there were 79 places available equally to P2 or P1 - ie no preference.... for a P2 child to qualify they would need to be in top 79 scores.

My DD got 117.28 not 117.58 (my mistake here) - do you think that was still enough to get in? My calcs. Showed this to be 1 place out but are yours different? To miss my one place is obviously really upsetting!

Thanks again
Im so sorry , its indeed very upsetting. Hope your DD gets in. Just wondering what was the waiting list number you were given , were you #1 on the list?
Johnst77

Post by Johnst77 »

Thanks all

No - we were number 55 on the list because of P1 preference - without that, yes I guess she would have been number 1....
NeedAbreak

Post by NeedAbreak »

ucyocho wrote:
Tinkers wrote:In previous years the waiting list has moved about 6 places. (One year it only moved one).

I’d look at your DDs waiting list position and make a judgement on that, but there’s no issue staying on the list. Just be realistic about whether it’s going to move enough or not.
I was told in moved 15 places last year in the end. Looking at how this year is going though I suspect that's unlikely typical as we are ranked 15 on the WL.
May I know the source of information for waiting moved 15 places last year,until June it only moved 6 places.15 is a very big number and never heard that kendrick waiting list moved that much.

and any one knows,is there any possibility of getting last year anonymised scores.From kendrick FAQ waiting list moved from 108.66 to 106.68 last year and that is a big movement.