SLOUGH ALLOCATIONS 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

infiniteloop

Re: SLOUGH ALLOCATIONS 2021

Post by infiniteloop »

To brk2019

UPTON COURT

Based on 2020 results, Upton Court has taken one child who lived 26.6 miles away from school. The score of that child was 124. All the remaining placements were below 15 miles distance.

Based on 2019 results, Upton Court has taken 5 children who lived at 15 or more miles away. Score 112 (18.65 miles); Score 123 (16 miles), Score 122 (16 miles); Score 127 (15 miles), Score 122 (15 miles)

HERSCHEL

You can download data from here https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1207103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its difficult to tell but there is a good chance for your friend's DD to get UC.

if you don't mind me asking, why do you prefer UC over Herschel?
brk2019

Post by brk2019 »

Thanks infiniteloop for your analysis and reply. It does explain well. My friend is equally open with UCG and Herschel but felt UCG to score little better in overall development of the students. I do know this may be subjective.
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

brk2019 wrote:Thanks infiniteloop for your analysis and reply. It does explain well. My friend is equally open with UCG and Herschel but felt UCG to score little better in overall development of the students. I do know this may be subjective.
The online reviews tell a different story about UCG
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Proud-Dad wrote:
brk2019 wrote:Thanks infiniteloop for your analysis and reply. It does explain well. My friend is equally open with UCG and Herschel but felt UCG to score little better in overall development of the students. I do know this may be subjective.
always have to be wary of "online reviews" - you don't know who has written then and what their agenda was, they might not even have anything to do with the school..
brk2019

Post by brk2019 »

Proud-Dad wrote:
The best is always to talk to present and previous students from these schools, also one indication which may not be true always as lot many factors are involved is on the high the cut-off of selection for these schools Year over year, which i think UCG is always 5 or 6 marks ( relative ) higher to HGS . This may also show a trend how the pattern is looking over the years when parents give the order of preference of schools in the application form. I am sure they may not be relying always on online reviews.

At the end of the day both the schools are good.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now