SLOUGH ALLOCATIONS 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

SLOUGH ALLOCATIONS 2021

Post by Tinkers »

In preparation for allocations day I've set up this thread, for those who have applied to One of the Slough schools.
I'll update the historic admissions thread with info the school usually provide (however this is usually later), however if you wish to, it is may be helpful to others to post your score/distance (if it's around the cutoff mark) as well as saying if you got a place or not.

Scores and waiting list positions may also be helpful, if you are happy to share them.

If you haven't got a place and want to appeal then I suggest you head over to our appeals section first.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you still have questions then head over to the appeals section of the forum.

Any questions about the school etc, please start a new thread and keep this one about places, scores waiting lists etc.
Nuguy

Re: SLOUGH ALLOCATIONS 2021

Post by Nuguy »

Good morning,
We just logged into Slough admissions portal. Results are published there. No email yet.
My daughter has been offered Herschel, second choice after Upton.
We live 1.6 miles away from Herschel (Cippenham) and she got a score of 111.
Good luck for every one
Sheen1

Post by Sheen1 »

Hi everyone,
Offered first choice: St Bernards Grammar
Score: 117
Distance: 1.7 miles (straightline)
Cat: 8 - any other faiths with religious leaders ref.

Good luck to all!
mru123

Post by mru123 »

Hello everyone,
My DD has scored 116 for slough and we live in P3 area(Heston) we have opted for Langley and Herschel in the CAF. Today received email from Langley that her waiting list number is 23, and am yet to hear from Hershel! Is 23 a good number to wait !!Any information on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

In previous years they haven’t allocated to P3 (see historic allocations https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

I have no info on how much the Slough school WLs move. If any one else does, I can add to the data
shna09

Post by shna09 »

Anyone received the waiting list position from Upton Grammar School? Does anyone know up to what score (120??), the allocation is made this year for UGS?
mru123

Post by mru123 »

Tinkers wrote:In previous years they haven’t allocated to P3 (see historic allocations https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

I have no info on how much the Slough school WLs move. If any one else does, I can add to the data
Thank you for the above data,
The school email said that they have offered to P3 students closer to school upto score 119 and the rest are placed on waitinglist !!

Am confused now if we should wait in the WL or try appealing ? (given the low success rate for slough appeals :| )
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

You can go on the WL and also appeal. It’s not an either/or choice you need to make.

However I don’t know the success rate of Slough appeals, but I suspect it is quite low. We don’t see many on here.
happymommy2

Post by happymommy2 »

We applied for Langley as our 3rd preference. Got admission for 4th preference. We haven't received WL position from Langley. Did they offer to P3 students this yr? We are in P2 area. Is there a criteria that they offer based on score?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

happymommy2 wrote:We applied for Langley as our 3rd preference. Got admission for 4th preference. We haven't received WL position from Langley. Did they offer to P3 students this yr? We are in P2 area. Is there a criteria that they offer based on score?
You can find the admission criteria here.
P2 is the 4th oversubscription criterion, with pupils admitted in rank order (assuming not pupil premium).
scary mum