Herschel grammar school - Coach/ bus services from Harrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mum22DS

Herschel grammar school - Coach/ bus services from Harrow

Post by Mum22DS »

Hi,

My son just cleared his slough exams and looking for some information about any coach/ bus services available from Harrow.

I did call school regarding the same but unfortunately they have non from Harrow.

Can someone please provide any information regarding the same.

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Herschel grammar school - Coach/ bus services from Harro

Post by scary mum »

I don't know the answer to your question but I would say that it's a terrible journey to do 5 days a week for 7 years. I can't imagine many would attempt it.
ETA are you sure of getting a place from Harrow?
Currently (Saturday afternoon, so not rush hour) the journey time from central Harrow to the school is 50 minutes.
scary mum
Mum22DS

Post by Mum22DS »

scary mum wrote:I don't know the answer to your question but I would say that it's a terrible journey to do 5 days a week for 7 years. I can't imagine many would attempt it.
ETA are you sure of getting a place from Harrow?
Currently (Saturday afternoon, so not rush hour) the journey time from central Harrow to the school is 50 minutes.
Thanks for your reply scary mum, we are more towards Pinner and 35-40 mins from here to school - Approx 12 miles. Is it hard to get in at this distance and score of 119. From the 2021 information, it suggested 112 got in the school and also buses coming from southall.

Am I missing something? If so, please suggest. Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

No, just wanting to check you knew you would get a place. I guess Southall is easier to get to than Pinner. It's still an awful journey in the rush hour.
scary mum
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

One way of getting the information you are looking for is by visiting the school at 3pm on a schoolday, and chatting with numerous coach drivers that are there to pick up from Herschel. You get more useful information this way.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
Mum22DS

Post by Mum22DS »

2020D2022S wrote:One way of getting the information you are looking for is by visiting the school at 3pm on a schoolday, and chatting with numerous coach drivers that are there to pick up from Herschel. You get more useful information this way.

Thank you for your suggestion. Looks like have to do this.
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

Other Slough GS's have some form of coach travel - privately arranged with the operating company. LGS has a published list of operators on their website https://www.lgs.slough.sch.uk/page/?tit ... ing&pid=94" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and

so does StBCGS http://www.st-bernards.slough.sch.uk/373/transport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

I remember the only time I got into a coach when I was at school was when I went on a school trip or swimming classes. Brings back memories lol
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

Too far from Harrow plus the mad traffic on the motorway in the morning and the A312 is even worse.
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

You might find this useful

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=58213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now