Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Posts: 30
Good Morning,

Please can someone direct me to the website where I find more information and book the 11 Plus exam for my DS for Slough Consortium of Grammar Schools.

Any idea on the dates on the exam and the procedure on how to book for out of county children?

We are based in Bucks.

Thanks in advance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7634
Have you looked at the Slough council website? I don't know much about Slough but all the information should be there. I'm not sure people get in to Slough schools from Wycombe, but I may be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Posts: 30
scary mum wrote:
Have you looked at the Slough council website? I don't know much about Slough but all the information should be there. I'm not sure people get in to Slough schools from Wycombe, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for reply,

In 2012 I took my daughter to Herschel Grammar School for the 11plus test and have no idea , how it will work this year.

I will search the Slough Council Website to find any relevant information.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:24 pm
Posts: 702
Hi: you want the Slough Consortium joint website.


https://www.sloughconsortium.org.uk/

I checked a couple of weeks ago and they hadn’t opened the registration portal yet: once they do there will be a fully updated list of eAch schools criteria.

The biggest change since 2012 is that Bucks is now GL but Slough is CEM so the exams are different, and the criteria have changed so that Langley Grammar
will not give a place to a child from Wycombe no matter how good the score (because that is outside the school’s P2 cachement).
There are score based places for Herschel, Upton Court, and faith based places for St Bernard’s, but it would be an awful journey from Wycombe every day.

(this is the point where many parents reply “of course we will relocate!!”)
Just bear in mind it’s not necessarily easy to do, and if you don’t want a place don’t put your child through an unnecessary exam.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Posts: 30
Aethel wrote:
Hi: you want the Slough Consortium joint website.


https://www.sloughconsortium.org.uk/

I checked a couple of weeks ago and they hadn’t opened the registration portal yet: once they do there will be a fully updated list of eAch schools criteria.

The biggest change since 2012 is that Bucks is now GL but Slough is CEM so the exams are different, and the criteria have changed so that Langley Grammar
will not give a place to a child from Wycombe no matter how good the score (because that is outside the school’s P2 cachement).
There are score based places for Herschel, Upton Court, and faith based places for St Bernard’s, but it would be an awful journey from Wycombe every day.

(this is the point where many parents reply “of course we will relocate!!”)
Just bear in mind it’s not necessarily easy to do, and if you don’t want a place don’t put your child through an unnecessary exam.



Thanks Aethel


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Posts: 30
Registrations are open now

https://www.sloughconsortium.org.uk/welcome.php


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Posts: 30
Key dates for September 2022 admission

1 May 2021-----------Registration opens. The registration form is online and can be accessed from the link on any of the Consortium grammar school websites or directly at http://www.sloughconsortium.org.uk

13 June 2021---------Registration closes at 12 midnight.
Late applications will NOT be accepted unless there are exceptional circumstances.
11 September 2021 (To be confirmed)-----------11+ entrance examinations take place at examination centres for all registered children. This date is subject to confirmation as there may be government restrictions in place at the time.
October 2021-----------Parents notified of results of 11+ entrance examination in time for completion of common application form.
31 October 2021--------Deadline for submission of Common Application Form to home local authority.
1 March 2022------------Notification of allocation of school places by home local authority. Formal offers from schools will follow soon after.


Please can someone confirm testing date for out of county students.

Thanks in advance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Posts: 30
Also I have noticed 11 September 2021 is falling on Satuday.

For the previous few years the testing tales place on Saturday or its a typing mistake?

Please can someone confirm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:39 pm
Posts: 15
2021EnTrY wrote:
Key dates for September 2022 admission

...
11 September 2021 (To be confirmed)-----------11+ entrance examinations take place at examination centres for all registered children. This date is subject to confirmation as there may be government restrictions in place at the time.
...

Please can someone confirm testing date for out of county students.

Thanks in advance.


As far as I am aware, there is no separate arrangement for out of county candidates.

You will be appointed one of the 4 schools for the test, and this has no effect on the actual schools you put in the list (CAF) you submit through your local council.


Last edited by 2020D2022S on Mon May 24, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:39 pm
Posts: 15
2021EnTrY wrote:
Also I have noticed 11 September 2021 is falling on Satuday.

For the previous few years the testing tales place on Saturday or its a typing mistake?

Please can someone confirm.

2021EnTrY wrote:
11 September 2021 (To be confirmed)-----------11+ entrance examinations take place at examination centres for all registered children. This date is subject to confirmation as there may be government restrictions in place at the time.


As it stands now, the test date is 11 Sept'21, unless advised otherwise. It was a Saturday in 2019 when my DD took it.
...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021