Test Dates / Procedure for Out of County Applicants

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: Test Dates / Procedure for Out of County Applicants

Post by ToadMum »

2021EnTrY wrote:Please can someone help as I am unable to find tlhis information

I have checked the staright line distance from my home to Herschel Grammar school and its 7.83 miles.

My query is if my son scores 121 (in Slough Consortium Exam) will he be eligible for entry in 2022, I know the criteria changes every year
From where I can check the data for 2021 entry.

Thanks in advance
The admissions policies for all schools for 2022 entry should have been on their websites for over three months now.

Contact the school on Monday if it isn't.

Eta - the Determined Admission Arrangements for 2022 are definitely on the Herschel site :

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/sh-h ... 0Entry.pdf

Admissions to Year 7
1. The school’s planned admission number (PAN) is 150.
2. Pupils will be admitted to the School at the age of 11 on the basis of their ability and aptitude as determined by their performance in 11+ entrance examination set and administered by the Slough Consortium of Grammar Schools. The procedures for the examination are outlined in the Slough Consortium of Grammar School – a Guide to the 11+ Entrance Examination document published annually by the Consortium.
3. All children whose Education Health and Care (EHC) Plan names the school will be admitted (Note a).
4. A standardised score of 111 or above in the entrance examination means that an applicant is eligible for consideration for admission to the School.
5. Where the number of eligible pupils reaching the required standard in the 11+ entrance examination exceeds the number of places available, places will be allocated according to the following oversubscription criteria in this order of priority:
(i) (ii)
Looked after Children who are being accommodated, or who have been taken into care by a local authority under section 20, 31 or 38 of the Children Act 1989 (Note b).
Pupils living within the school catchment area, which is defined as a home address within 4 miles of the school. Distance will be measured in a straight line from the front door of the child’s home address (including flats) to the main entrance gate of the school, using Slough’s Geographical Information System (GIS), with those closer to the school receiving the higher priority (Note c).
(iii) Up to a further 10 places will be offered to eligible applicants with a home address within 10 miles of the school who are eligible for the Pupil Premium at the closing date for submission of the Common Application Form (Notes c and d). Distance will be measured as stipulated in section 5 (ii).
(iv) Children of permanent members of the school staff who have been continuously employed by the school for a period of not less than 2 years prior to the closing date for applications.
(v)
The remaining places, up to the PAN of 150, will be allocated to pupils in rank order of performance in the examination.
In the event of one or more eligible pupils being tied for a final place or places within criteria (ii), (iii) or (v), priority will be decided according to proximity to the school. Distance will be measured as stipulated in section 5 (ii).
6. Once all offers of places have been made according to section 5 above, any remaining applicants that have demonstrated eligibility for a place through scoring 111 or above in the 11+ examination but were not offered a place initially due to over-subscription, will be placed on a waiting list. The position of each applicant on the waiting list is determined through the application of the over-subscription criteria above. Each time an applicant joins or leaves the waiting list, the rank order of remaining applicants will be re-assessed.If a new applicant expresses an interest to join the waiting list, his/her position will be assessed through the administration of the 11+ examination, provided the eligibility score of 111 is reached. Accordingly, the position of other applicants on the waiting list will be re-drawn.
The waiting list will operate until 31 December 2022.

https://www.herschel.slough.sch.uk/Scho ... sions-2022

So the good news is, the qualifying score is 111, not 121. The actual furthest distance allocated for entry in the coming academic year (2021 entry) will still be 'fluid', but whoever holds the list currently - school or LA? - may tell you if you ask. The 'remaining places' criterion seems to go on score, not distance, though? Or are you looking at a PP place, in which case, you are well within the relevant distance, assuming that all places are not allocated within the EHCP / LAC / Catchment Area criteria first.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Allocations data for 2021 entry will likely be released when the test results come out in October. That is what has happening in previous years.
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

The date has now been confirmed for 11 September 2021 at 09.00am
2021EnTrY

Post by 2021EnTrY »

Hi Everyone,

Please can someone confirm the result date for Slough Grammar Schools?
How the result will be delivered to OOC, it will be by email or by post?

Thanks in advance
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

2021EnTrY wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance
From the Consortium website:

Results will be available to view online in mid-October 2021.

And from the FAQs on Upton Court's website:

When will I get the results?

There will be a message on the Consortium website advising when the results are ready to view online in time for completion of the Common Application Form by 31 October 2021. As papers are externally marked, a specific date cannot be given for publication of results. To access your child’s result, you will need to log back into your registration form using the UserId and password provided at the time of registration.

http://uptoncourtgrammar.org.uk/Year-7- ... ember-2022
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

Thanks in advance
Two ways to do this:

1. Follow this board, someone will share when they have received the information, IC or OOC, no difference.

2. For test registration, test taking, marking and result release purposes, Slough Consortium does not differentiate between IC and OOC candidates. You will receive an email (possibly from the same sender that sent you the exam date/location details) informing you that results can now be viewed at Slough Consortium website.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
2021EnTrY

Post by 2021EnTrY »

2020D2022S wrote:

Thanks in advance
Two ways to do this:

1. Follow this board, someone will share when they have received the information, IC or OOC, no difference.

2. For test registration, test taking, marking and result release purposes, Slough Consortium does not differentiate between IC and OOC candidates. You will receive an email (possibly from the same sender that sent you the exam date/location details) informing you that results can now be viewed at Slough Consortium website.
Thanks for your reply.

So it means no official date is announced by the Slough Grammar schools for the 11 plus result and one can receive an email next week (Mon- Fri ) any day / any time?

In Bucks, the date of 11plus result is October 15, 2021