Changes to Reading School entrance exam and catchment ares.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Eatmum

Changes to Reading School entrance exam and catchment ares.

Post by Eatmum »

Reading School Proposed Admission Criteria for 2022 Entrants. (BIG CHANGES!)
See below. Entrance Test Changed.
Admissions Policies for Entry in 2022
The Governing Body of Reading School has agreed its policies for 2022 entry to go to consultation from 15th December 2020 to 26th January 2021 for Year 7 Day, Year 7 Boarding, Sixth Form and Non-Routine Admissions. The policies are published below:
Year 7 Admissions Policy for 2022 Entry for Day Applicants
Year 7 Admissions Policy for 2022 Entry for Boarding Applicants
Sixth Form Admissions Policy for 2022 Entry
Non Routine Admissions Policy for 2022 Entry
The Governors have approved the revised policies for 2022 entry subject to a 6-week consultation. Below is a summary of the main changes:
Year 7 day and boarding: change to entrance test provider and change to the catchment area, removing postcodes: SL6 1, SL6 2, SL6 3, SL6 4, SL6 5, SL6 6 & SL6 7
Sixth Form: change to the catchment area, removing postcodes: SL6 1, SL6 2, SL6 3, SL6 4, SL6 5, SL6 6 & SL6 7
All other relevant changes are highlighted in yellow for ease of reference but all interested parties should read the entire policies to ensure understanding.
If you have any comments to make as part of the consultation, please email: consultation@reading-school.co.uk. The consultation commences on Tuesday 15th December 2020 and finishes on Tuesday 26thJanuary 2021.
Entrance Test Candidates will be tested in English and Maths and Creative Writing. The English and Maths elements are marked by computer and age-standardised. All students with an eligible score from those two elements will have their creative writing element assessed and candidates will be ranked accordingly.
spv

Re: Changes to Reading School entrance exam and catchment ar

Post by spv »

Eatmum wrote: Entrance Test Candidates will be tested in English and Maths and Creative Writing. The English and Maths elements are marked by computer and age-standardised. All students with an eligible score from those two elements will have their creative writing element assessed and candidates will be ranked accordingly.

Any idea is it going to be GL pattern ?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Before Reading school moved to CEM they used their own test, so it’s possible they might be going back to doing that.

Otherwise I’d guess it’s GL.

Either way, their website says they will release familiarisation papers later.
amnash

Post by amnash »

Dear all, I need some pointers to guide me through Reading school test and suitable prep materials please. My son is starting year 5 and I would like to do some work with him at home. I got some CGP weekly tests for maths and English ages 10-11, will it be enough or should I aim for more? My daughter sat Kendrick test 7 years ago, at that time she did one year course with a tuition center, that was good, but I don’t think my son will cope with the pressure plus we live outside the UK at the moment, planning to return back July 2022. Many thanks in advance.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now