Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:17 pm 

Hello,

I noticed that previously Herschel used to give priority to top 70 candidates on rank order (no catchment). But this seems to be excluded now (based on previous and current year's policy available on school website).
Does anyone know when and why this got changed?
Also, the 2020 result says this : 'Herschel: all eligible within 4 miles, remains places rank to 114'. Does this mean that min. cut off was 114 for non-catchment candidates?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:30 pm 

That's how I understand it. I imagine they changed it to allow more local.children the opportunity of a place. The arrangements have a consultation period each year when the public have the opportunity to comment.
I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the Slough arrangements, someone else may be able to give you more information.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:33 pm 

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=59194&p=730551&hilit=Herschel+miles#p730551

2018, apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:01 pm 

Worry_mom wrote:
Hello,

I noticed that previously Herschel used to give priority to top 70 candidates on rank order (no catchment). But this seems to be excluded now (based on previous and current year's policy available on school website).
Does anyone know when and why this got changed?
Also, the 2020 result says this : 'Herschel: all eligible within 4 miles, remains places rank to 114'. Does this mean that min. cut off was 114 for non-catchment candidates?

As per website it seems they will reach out for OOC after special cases and catchment of 4miles
Hope there are not more than 50-60 in catchment which means eventually 60-70 will be from ooc

(i) Looked after Children who are being accommodated, or who have been taken into care by a
local authority under section 20, 31 or 38 of the Children Act 1989 (Note b).
(ii) Pupils living within the school catchment area, which is defined as a home address within 4
miles of the school. Distance will be measured in a straight line from the front door of the
child’s home address (including flats) to the main entrance gate of the school, using Slough’s
Geographical Information System (GIS), with those closer to the school receiving the higher
priority (Note c).
(iii) Up to a further 10 places will be offered to eligible applicants with a home address within 10
miles of the school who are eligible for the Pupil Premium at the closing date for submission
of the Common Application Form (Notes c and d). Distance will be measured as stipulated in
section 5 (ii).
(iv) Children of permanent members of the school staff who have been continuously employed by
the school for a period of not less than 2 years prior to the closing date for applications.
(v) The remaining places, up to the PAN of 150, will be allocated to pupils in rank order of
performance in the examination.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:32 pm 

This data could be helpful. I have not analysed it myself.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1207103

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:56 pm 

2020D2022S wrote:
This data could be helpful. I have not analysed it myself.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1207103

Thanks, this is helpful. Seems like for past 3 years, approx. 60-70 seats are filled within 4 mile radius.