Order of preference and why?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

practisehard

Re: Order of preference and why?

Post by practisehard »

This is really intriguing :o How can someone be so sure at one point to put a school as first choice and advice others to do so, and then change it so quickly. Not sure why parents have so little confidence on their kids ability. Reading about the schools it seems both schools are good enough. The reason one has gone ahead of the other a bit, surely not because one gives couple of pages extra homework and other pushes the kids further. What about the strength of extra curricular, proximity, sports fixtures, performance arts, clubs, friendships and everything else other than academics which are also very very important and will take over significant part of kids life in next 7 years? :| Or not :cry:
2020D2022S

Re: Order of preference and why?

Post by 2020D2022S »

practisehard wrote:This is really intriguing :o How can someone be so sure at one point to put a school as first choice and advice others to do so, and then change it so quickly. Not sure why parents have so little confidence on their kids ability. Reading about the schools it seems both schools are good enough. The reason one has gone ahead of the other a bit, surely not because one gives couple of pages extra homework and other pushes the kids further. What about the strength of extra curricular, proximity, sports fixtures, performance arts, clubs, friendships and everything else other than academics which are also very very important and will take over significant part of kids life in next 7 years? :| Or not :cry:
I wonder if the child has been consulted in this process...., especially considering this:
Proud-Dad wrote:... A few reasons, most of my sons friends will be going to Langley...
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now