How is the Slough CEM score calculated and weighted

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JayC

How is the Slough CEM score calculated and weighted

Post by JayC »

Hi
Can anyone please tell me how is the Slough CEM score calculated from the VR, NVR and Maths scores. I know other areas where it’s the average of the 3 with maybe 1 of these subject areas weighted slightly more. And in other areas just the average of the 3 with equal weighting across the 3.
Thanks.
scary mum

Re: How is the Slough CEM score calculated and weighted

Post by scary mum »

On this page we state that the weighting is unknow, so I don't think they publish that information. If anyone knows anything else it would be useful for us to know.
scary mum
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

Per response on WDTK, This is outside the normal scope of FOI due to commercial sensitivity.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _for_slo_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
JayC

Post by JayC »

Well if anyone has ever asked for their children’s score then this can easily be worked out. I’m shocked they don’t state this. In Warwickshire they tell you this specifically and in Gloucestershire you can request your standardised scores for each subject area as well the total and therefore can workout the weighting applied.

Has anyone ever asked for standardised scores and be willing to share here so I can see the weighting.

Thanks.
JayC

Post by JayC »

Oh just realised someone asked for this and CEM refused to give this. I missed the earlier post to the link requesting this info.

I’m really surprised they refused to give the standardised scores by subject area. It seems to me that there is something in the Slough weighting’s they don’t want to get out as I know in Warwickshire they actually give this information out. How very strange.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now