Advise on when to register/apply for 11+ exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ANITR8305

Advise on when to register/apply for 11+ exam

Post by ANITR8305 »

My child is in Year 4 currently. I would like to know when I need to apply for the 11+ exam and where should I apply (Site??)

I come under Berkshire region and I would like to know whether I can apply for 2 regions?

Regards
Anitha
Tinkers

Re: Advise on when to register/apply for 11+ exam

Post by Tinkers »

Welcome I’ve moved your post to the Berkshire section.

I presume you mean the Slough schools, are you also looking at Reading or Kendrick or Bucks?

You’ll need to look at the admissions pages for the schools you are interested in fir details about how to apply for the test. It’s usually around April/May/June in year 5 depending on the school.

You can apply to schools outside your LA but it’s all done through your LA, so if you are in Slough, you can apply through Slough, but can list Slough schools, Reading schools etc. you do need to ensure you have any chance of getting a place to avoid wasting a CAF slot, so check admissions criteria. I’ve added allocation history data for Slough and Reading/Kendrick in this section. The Bucks section has similar.
ANITR8305

Post by ANITR8305 »

Thank you for the reply. So I need to apply for individual schools from their website during Year 5.

Can you help me get the details for Bucks please?

Regards
Anitha
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Yes you’ll need to apply to individual schools (or the consortium in the case of Slough) to take the tests.

I’m based in Reading so don’t know about how to apply for Bucks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

All the information about the Bucks 11 plus can be found here
Whereabouts do you live? (Roughly)
If you look at this thread you can see last year's allocations for Bucks. Please do not make your child sit the Bucks 11 plus if they have no chance of gaining a place.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Just be very clear re the difference between registering your DC to sit the test(s) for the areas / schools in which you are interested and applying for a place. The latter must be done through your home Local Authority for all the state schools you wish to name on your Common Application Form, even if all of them are actually in other LAs.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now