SLOUGH SCHOOL ALLOCATIONS 2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Proud-Dad

Re: SLOUGH SCHOOL ALLOCATIONS 2022

Post by Proud-Dad »

AthenaMum wrote:Will HGS send any update on the waiting list positions for all pupils or do we need to request that info directly from the school ?
We didn't get any emails from UCGS and we have no idea what position we are waiting.
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

Paul-R wrote:...Hi 2020D2022S what did you mean by a tight squeeze?
That there could be a lot more Cat 8 candidates than prev years. If you are taking this literally, please don't.

Per Merriam Webster Dictionary
Definition of tight squeeze : a situation in which people or things are very crowded together
It'll be a tight squeeze, but we can all fit in one car.

Hope that helps.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
jxp

Post by jxp »

Proud-Dad wrote:
AthenaMum wrote:Will HGS send any update on the waiting list positions for all pupils or do we need to request that info directly from the school ?
We didn't get any emails from UCGS and we have no idea what position we are waiting.
Called the school and they have not received the list yet from council. They might receive it today or tomorrow and it may take up to later this week to issue the email for waiting list.
Pankaj7121

Post by Pankaj7121 »

We live in Wokingham and My son cleared all the exams . He scored 117 for Slough consortium but didnt get any place offered at Upton or Herschel. I called Upton Grammar and requested for WL to be sent so we can decide.

Anyone in the same situation or able to provide any guidance .
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

Pankaj7121 wrote:We live in Wokingham and My son cleared all the exams . He scored 117 for Slough consortium but didnt get any place offered at Upton or Herschel. I called Upton Grammar and requested for WL to be sent so we can decide.

How many miles are you from Upton in a straight line?

We live in Hayes UB3 (P2) 5.5 miles from Langley and 6.5 miles from Upton.

Upton was 1st choice but didn't get a place. We got a place from Langley which was 2nd choice. If we get a place at Upton during summer, Its very likely we will now reject it. You might get a place in the summer.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Pankaj7121 wrote:We live in Wokingham and My son cleared all the exams . He scored 117 for Slough consortium but didnt get any place offered at Upton or Herschel. I called Upton Grammar and requested for WL to be sent so we can decide.

Are you ok with your allocation. I know there’s a lot of children locally who have not got places at any of their chosen schools with many being diverted to other schools, including some to Reading.
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

In case UCGS goes to 117 your distance might work against you as a tie-breaker.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

Proud-Dad wrote:....Upton was 1st choice but didn't get a place. We got a place from Langley which was 2nd choice. If we get a place at Upton during summer, Its very likely we will now reject it. You might get a place in the summer.
Note that managing waiting list for schools is very resource intensive. If you are certain of not accepting an offer from the waiting list, you might as well ask now to be removed from the list altogether.
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

2020D2022S wrote:
Proud-Dad wrote:....Upton was 1st choice but didn't get a place. We got a place from Langley which was 2nd choice. If we get a place at Upton during summer, Its very likely we will now reject it. You might get a place in the summer.
Note that managing waiting list for schools is very resource intensive. If you are certain of not accepting an offer from the waiting list, you might as well ask now to be removed from the list altogether.
That is true, I will call the school and let them know.

My son has made his mind up to go for Langley as 5 of his school friends are going to Langley.

If I go against his wishes, everything could turn upside down.

Thank you for the advice
EarleyP

Post by EarleyP »

Hello - Has anyone received eMails on HGS WL numbers yet? Do you know when that's expected?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now