KENDRICK ALLOCATIONS 2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2020D2022S

Re: KENDRICK ALLOCATIONS 2022

Post by 2020D2022S »

hotjava wrote:Hi all,

Just a quick question here, quoting from the letter from Kendrick "you and DD's name were living at your permanent home address at 31st August 2021"
It's not possible to find the document exactly dated as 31/08/2021. So, would we better provide the document before or after this date, as close as possible?

Thanks in advance.
If you get a copy of Sept'21 utility bill for Quarter 3 of that year (and most utilities now do quarterly billing anyways), it will show the coverage period (eg From July 1 to Sep 31, etc). This will show that you had that address at 31 August.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/ ... ted-homes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... DA3794.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the requirements for such extensive information are unreasonable and should be referred to the Adjudicator.
hotjava

Post by hotjava »

2020D2022S wrote:

Just a quick question here, quoting from the letter from Kendrick "you and DD's name were living at your permanent home address at 31st August 2021"
It's not possible to find the document exactly dated as 31/08/2021. So, would we better provide the document before or after this date, as close as possible?

Thanks in advance.
If you get a copy of Sept'21 utility bill for Quarter 3 of that year (and most utilities now do quarterly billing anyways), it will show the coverage period (eg From July 1 to Sep 31, etc). This will show that you had that address at 31 August.

Thanks, the energe bill is bit tricky, as my previous supplier in last year wen bust, I have no access to the online bills anymore.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

hotjava wrote:
2020D2022S wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, the energe bill is bit tricky, as my previous supplier in last year wen bust, I have no access to the online bills anymore.
Water bills, council tax bills, broadband providers?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Do you have emails from the supplier? Ring the school to discuss your circumstances and ask what alternative methods of proof you can offer. I think we are mainly speculating on alternative proof and only the school will be able to provide acceptable alternatives.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

TV licence. Surely everyone has one of those.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mitasol wrote:TV licence. Surely everyone has one of those.

good point!

none of these things prevent people from having more than one residence and any could be considered to the "main residence" - really letters from HMRC / NHS should have more weight
Jayne G

Post by Jayne G »

The Office of the School Adjudicator considered issues relating to lengths of tenancy and residence requirements in a complaint last year…

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... r_2021.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paragraph 54 onwards relate.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I’m not talking about tenancies or catchments or date to be considered a resident.

The letter quoted above requires all documents to be provided by a given date. Some of these documents are not universally held. For example - Driving licence, car ownership and insurance. Other examples were quoted earlier.

The Watford Adjudicator discussed such absolute requirements (like tenancy agreements).
I do not find it fair to have provisions which set out absolute requirements, for example tenancies of at least two years which some genuine applicants – by which I mean those who really do live in the catchment area and who have no intention of returning to a different address - may be unable to meet. I understand that doing so may reduce the administrative burden on schools in seeking further evidence and making a finding of fact as to address based on that evidence. However, I find that it is unfair to set such absolute conditions as to what does or does not qualify as a genuine home address.
It does not fit exactly with the situation here but it does indicate that they need to be flexible with residency requirement issues.
Jayne G

Post by Jayne G »

Ah, my misunderstanding, I only skim read the article and thought it was relating to the tenancy issue which I knew had already been raised.

I do agree that the number of documents required has been extensive - it took me several hours to collate everything yesterday, I also realise not everyone will be able to get it all together quickly.
mitasol wrote:I’m not talking about tenancies or catchments or date to be considered a resident.

The letter quoted above requires all documents to be provided by a given date. Some of these documents are not universally held. For example - Driving licence, car ownership and insurance. Other examples were quoted earlier.

The Watford Adjudicator discussed such absolute requirements (like tenancy agreements).
I do not find it fair to have provisions which set out absolute requirements, for example tenancies of at least two years which some genuine applicants – by which I mean those who really do live in the catchment area and who have no intention of returning to a different address - may be unable to meet. I understand that doing so may reduce the administrative burden on schools in seeking further evidence and making a finding of fact as to address based on that evidence. However, I find that it is unfair to set such absolute conditions as to what does or does not qualify as a genuine home address.
It does not fit exactly with the situation here but it does indicate that they need to be flexible with residency requirement issues.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now