READING BOYS WAITING LIST

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TAJ001

READING BOYS WAITING LIST

Post by TAJ001 »

Hi
I called RBGS this morning to check WL position of my SON but they replied it is not possible to give this information until 31st March until all pupil accept or reject offers. I did not understand it because waiting list moves when people reject the offer. After 31st March there is not much point of waiting list because people would have accepted or rejected already.
How do I guess likeliness of getting WL position cleared without knowing WL position and only knowing the marks.

Someone said cut off is likely to be 225 or around it.
Berkshire

Re: READING BOYS WAITING LIST

Post by Berkshire »

It is hard both for parents and for the schools/ admissions team.
The list is very volatile for now, as kids will accept / decline places based on their preferences and circumstances. At the end of the month, it will reach some sense of stability and they can release a list.
In may they will release the anonymised scores and you can get specific granularity, For now you will have to go with 225 being the cut off and hopeful of a place through wait list if its a score of 222-223 ish. It will only clear up properly at the end of the month and also then in may.
The decision should be simple. Accept the place offered and join the wait list for the school above the ones offered and wait for the end of month.
TAJ001

Post by TAJ001 »

Berkshire wrote:It is hard both for parents and for the schools/ admissions team.
The list is very volatile for now, as kids will accept / decline places based on their preferences and circumstances. At the end of the month, it will reach some sense of stability and they can release a list.
In may they will release the anonymised scores and you can get specific granularity, For now you will have to go with 225 being the cut off and hopeful of a place through wait list if its a score of 222-223 ish. It will only clear up properly at the end of the month and also then in may.
The decision should be simple. Accept the place offered and join the wait list for the school above the ones offered and wait for the end of month.
Just received RBGS email with WL position as of now

Do we know historically how many WL positions get cleared. Does it move by a few numbers only or does it reach upto WL20 onward? I understand it may take several weeks.

I checked few previous threads but can't figure out this information.
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

Very very hard to predict but taking a wild guess, 10% movement is possible , 128 day places, leading to assumption up to 13 place in waiting list can have some hope.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now