Change in address in Oct'22

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Re: Change in address in Oct'22

Post by Tinkers »

RBDearDad will get 4 slots on the CAF, but that does sound like the best way forward TM.

HM is right about new builds, everyone I know opting for one has had the move in date slip.
RBDearDad

Post by RBDearDad »

new build is 5 miles from Reading grammar. Right now, we are within 1 mile of catchment area of Reading grammar.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

RBDearDad wrote:new build is 5 miles from Reading grammar. Right now, we are within 1 mile of catchment area of Reading grammar.
So outside the boundary of the priority area currently, but intending to move into it?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

There’s no priority area for Reading school, and both houses are in catchment, so I think the only issue is what effect this has on admission to other schools.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Tinkers wrote:There’s no priority area for Reading school, and both houses are in catchment, so I think the only issue is what effect this has on admission to other schools.
Ah - I was actually using the term priority area as in aka catchment area - so there is a defined area, living within which confers a higher ranking for applicants than does living outside it? It's just that the way the OP put it this time round, it sounded like 'a mile outside the border' (of the area which gives priority for admissions), rather than a mile from the school itself'.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now