Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
RBDearDad

CAF - Wokingham

Post by RBDearDad »

hi,

Our DS is writing 11+ exam in this Sep.

Please let me know, how many options we will get fill in CAF form in Wokingham council and in Reading council ?

thanks in advance...
hermanmunster

Re: CAF - Wokingham

Post by hermanmunster »

RBDearDad wrote:hi,

Our DS is writing 11+ exam in this Sep.

Please let me know, how many options we will get fill in CAF form in Wokingham council and in Reading council ?

thanks in advance...
You only get one CAF form and that is for the LEA you live in - which one is that?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You only fill the CAF in for the council where you live - all schools go on there (I don't know the answer to your question but it will be on the council website).
ETA great minds think alike!
scary mum
RBDearDad

Post by RBDearDad »

within CAF, parents will be given to fill options of schools based on their priority...
I am just trying to find out which council gives more options to choose schools
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I suggest you check on the council websites, that is probably the fastest way of finding out.
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

RBDearDad wrote:within CAF, parents will be given to fill options of schools based on their priority...
#

the key thing is that you meet the criteria for the schools you are applying for - having more options isn't necessarily helpful eg if it means you live further away from the schools you want
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Unless they’ve changed, both RBC and WBC have 4 slots, but as others have said you’ll only apply to one.

In your case, since you live in Shinfield (I think unless you’ve moved) that will be WBC. You applyy to RBC schools on the same WBC CAF
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

RBDearDad wrote:within CAF, parents will be given to fill options of schools based on their priority...
Since you have to submit just the one CAF, the one for the LA in which you live at the time you submit it, however many preferences another LA allows on its form is irrelevant.

It's the same process for secondary applications as it would have been when you applied for your DC's Reception place (unless they have always attended an indie or are home educated and you never applied for a state school place, of course).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx