Slough Consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
seekinfok

Slough Consortium

Post by seekinfok »

Dear Parents,

We live in Bilston-Wolverhampton and I've in the past lived in the Slough area. I am hoping someone can help with my questions.

Question

1. We will apply for the BHX/Walsall Grammar School exam. To be able to apply for the Slough Consortium, do we need to give the Slough Consortium exam or do they accept BHX/Walsall test results? BHX is on the 17th of September and I read it is the same day for Slough Consortium as well.

2. As I live currently outside of the catchment area, would it reduce the chances significantly? When do I need to provide proof of address?

3. Finally, from where do we apply?

As I and my partner work remotely, we do not mind relocating but just want to understand the process.
scary mum

Re: Slough Consortium

Post by scary mum »

Welcome to the forum.
You will find some information about the Slough 11plus & schools here
1. We will apply for the BHX/Walsall Grammar School exam. To be able to apply for the Slough Consortium, do we need to give the Slough Consortium exam or do they accept BHX/Walsall test results? BHX is on the 17th of September and I read it is the same day for Slough Consortium as well.
Some local authorities allow you to share the results with other ones, but you would have to check (neither are my area & I don't know if they are the same exam). Just because they are on the same day does not mean that they are the same exam, although I think they are both CEM. You will need to check any details in the above link to make sure that they are up to date.
2. As I live currently outside of the catchment area, would it reduce the chances significantly? When do I need to provide proof of address
You will have to check the website of each school that you are interested in, as well as the Slough council website. It varies from area to area, and sometimes school to school within an area.
3. Finally, from where do we apply?
That's an easy one. You always apply through your local council, wherever the school that you are applying for are. You will need to register for the 11 plus through the schools or Slough council.
My best advice is to have a good read of the admissions section of each school & the Slough council website.
scary mum
New 11+ mum

Re: Slough Consortium

Post by New 11+ mum »

Just so you're aware, the Birmingham schools are a different consortium to the Walsall schools. Walsall schools are part of the Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton consortium and the date of the test hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I'm aware. Also Birmingham schools take the GL test, whereas the Shropshire, Walsall and Wolverhampton consortium is CEM. Hope this helps.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now