Kendrick Anonymised Scores - question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jayne G

Kendrick Anonymised Scores - question

Post by Jayne G »

I can see that anonymised score information has been published on Kendrick’s admission for 2022 entry page. This is listed by catchment area - for example P1 and P2. A number of scores are listed as ‘No’ rather than catchment. Does this mean that the girls who achieved these scores sat the test but were not living in catchment when they took the test?

I also take it they could have met the address criteria subsequently and been offered a place?
hermanmunster

Re: Kendrick Anonymised Scores - question

Post by hermanmunster »

have you got a link to the page?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

That’s correct, if it says no, they weren’t in catchment at the time of taking the test.

That would mean that on allocations day they would be still treated as being ooc, even if they had subsequently moved into catchment before allocations day.

I think later on they could move higher up the WL if they’d moved into catchment, but it doesn’t move much usually, so most wouldn’t bother, especially if they were happy with the school they were allocated.
Jayne G

Post by Jayne G »

Ah! Just tapped out a reply but it timed out.

Thank you for the info Tinkers - maybe I am very naive, but I was surprised how many out of catchment girls sat the test.

I was intrigued for the cut offs for p1/p2 places…. By my reckoning, it’s 116.36 for p2 and 111.31 for p1, taking into account the 12 places for LAC/PP/SP.

DD1 has a place for September, so it’s immaterial to me, but DD2 is sitting the test in September, so it’s good to understand where the cut offs are.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The OOC sitters are likely to be mainly those taking the Slough test and opting to share scores (for the h ell of it) and a few that just haven’t looked at the admissions policy/previous allocations before applying.

Some might think there’s a chance ‘this year might be different’. Since there’s been no ooc places given since catchment was introduced for 2013 entry they are somewhat deluded imo. It’s usually those who have put their DDs for multiple tests.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now