Reading Results....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
studymum

Reading Results....

Post by studymum »

I know that the date for these is March 2nd but is that just the date when they are sent? Can we access them online on this date or do we have to wait a couple of days for them to arrive by post?

Can you tell that I'm fed up of waiting?! :lol:

Annie
Bewildered

Re: Reading Results....

Post by Bewildered »

studymum wrote:I know that the date for these is March 2nd but is that just the date when they are sent? Can we access them online on this date or do we have to wait a couple of days for them to arrive by post?

Can you tell that I'm fed up of waiting?! :lol:

Annie

Yes they will be posted out on the 2nd, so may arrive on the 3rd or 4th.
If you applied online, in theory :roll: , you should be able to access the allocations online on the 2nd.

Last year the untimely demise/system failure of the Sims system which ran the online admissions system, lasted 4 days and disrupted many councils. Incl Slough, West Berks, Reading and Wokingham. In the end, if you rang up the admins team, they would tell you the result over the phone. This wasn't until the end of day 2 though, I think. Prior to that the admissions team, told you to wait for the system to come up or the postman to arrive. :evil:

Hence, the 'in theory'. It was a fiasco.

As a parent waiting anxiously for results again this year, I try not to think about it too often; in the day, or too many minutes in the hour either. :oops:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi studymum,

Welcome back after one year. :)

Did you resolve the catchment issue, you don't have to answer that. :wink:

I do not have the timeline to hand but in previous years it has involved online at mid-night and 2nd class post from the LEA plus a letter direct from the school.

I am sure somebody (BEWILDERED where are you?) will be along shortly with detailed and correct information.

I do remember being fed up with waiting, in fact I reached the point of not caring just wanting a result so we could move on. :cry:

Good luck for results day.

steve

PS Just previewing my post and see BW is on the case!

PPS connection failed, post lost but I have a backup in WORD :lol:
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

stevew61 wrote: PPS connection failed, post lost but I have a backup in WORD :lol:
:lol:
studymum

Post by studymum »

Thanks guys - I have been visitng but not logging in or posting :)

We moved into catchment about 6 months ago to be closer to family but I'm not sure whether it will help us.......lots of competition this year!

I'll just have to try not to think about it for a while.

ANother quick question - does the letter from the LEA tell us his score/where he came if he doesn't get in?

Thanks!
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

I believe if a child doesn't get in, the letter from the school will advise you of the pass mark and the score your child achieved.

Stevew61, is absolutely correct the letter posted out by the LA will be 2nd class post, hence the 3rd or 4th arrival date. If you placed a 1st class stamp on the School's SAE results return envelope, this will be the one to look out for on your doormat on the 3rd.
taffymum

Post by taffymum »

As a long term lurker this is my first post.
We are waiting the outcome of the Kendrick exam. I am away on a course on the 2nd 3rd and 4th of March,and I cant stand the thought of not being there when the letter arrives. When will her primary school headteacher get the result and are they able to give parents any clues as to the outcome. I havn't raised it yet as I was hoping to get an idea from this forum if it was the done thing to ask.

Anxiously Taffymum
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Did you apply online Taffymum, or not? The waiting is starting to get difficult for DD, she is struggling a bit with all the uncertainty ... and resents the fact that somewhere someone already knows the results!
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi taffymum,

Two years ago we couldn't get the result online, the post was late, I dropped DS of at school and the Head phoned asking If I wanted the result. So the schools in Reading LEA do know but they may say you have to wait for the post. :cry:

Have to say I phoned Reading Council :oops: and explained that we could not get the result online, they acknowledged an error and confirmed the result over the phone. Later the letters arrived, confirming in triplicate an offer of a place. :)

The online system when it works is good, when it does not...

Good luck.

steve
taffymum

Post by taffymum »

Thanks Torrylee and Stevew61

No, I didn't apply on line, wish I had now. Will take a chance and ring her Headteacher. 2 other girls from her year applied and it would be upsetting if they know the outcome and she doesn't.

Taffymum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now