How is the Slough 11+ administered??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I quizzed my son who is usually very reluctant to talk about the test, and managed to extract from him that last year, he had two 10mns tests with a 5mn break in between. This was last year. What's on Herschel website is different, so there is always the possibility that they have changed the test format slightly. I can't find anything about it on the other schools site. There was lot more info last year!
Virginia

Re: How is the Slough 11+ administered??

Post by Virginia »

Anonymous wrote:Can anyone shed any light on how the 11+ is administered. My child will be sitting the test at his current school. There is a 50 min VR test, 50 min Maths test and 20 min NVR test. That's a total testing time of 2 hrs which seems a long time for a 10 yr old. I was wondering whether the children were given a break between tests and whether the tests were spread out throughout the school day. Also it would be helpful to know the order in which the tests are given. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
There will be breaks between the tests. At least that's what they told us at my daughters school. They are going to keep it as calm and relaxed as they can! I'm sure all the local schools will be similar. What happens in the Grammar schools, I'm not sure.