CEM test - influence of National Curriculum

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pennwald

CEM test - influence of National Curriculum

Post by pennwald »

I'm in the process of preparing DD for the test in September and have started by revisiting the material used by DS 3 years ago. I've been browsing through various practice papers etc and have seen a few comments suggesting that the CEM tests adhere more closely to the National Curriculum than the GL tests.

This started me thinking ... with the change in the KS1/2 National Curriculum in 2014, has there been any significant change in the content of the CEM tests? Several of the publishers of test papers/tuition material have newer versions of their books, but I haven't seen any reference to this being due to the National Curriculum.

Has anyone seen anything on this subject or have any views?
Daogroupie

Re: CEM test - influence of National Curriculum

Post by Daogroupie »

You would be better off posting this in the CEM Section.

In answer to your question the London CEM papers topics are being swopped in and out (which is normal) but there has been no major change in focus. DG
pennwald

Re: CEM test - influence of National Curriculum

Post by pennwald »

Thanks for the suggestion DG.

I had somehow managed to completely miss the CEM section on here. Having now found it, it contains a lot of useful info, including indirect answers to my question. There are several threads which mention that there is no direct correlation between CEM and the National Curriculum, particularly as different schools/areas can request CEM to tailor test content as they see fit.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now