Allocations and waiting list movement 2017 - scores only!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
imranb

Re: Allocations and waiting list movement 2017 - scores only

Post by imranb »

kalanarsi wrote:My Kid scored 239, and he was 36 on 1st March waiting list, I just called F.O and they said now he is 28.

Not happy with Camphill boys waiting list movement. :(
Hi, Have you been offered CHB yet? Read that 237 is 18th on WL, so assuming 239 should have got in by now?
Plazaplus

Post by Plazaplus »

I understand how the waiting list works with children/parents rejecting schools hence freeing up spaces for the next in line but how come sometimes it goes in the opposite direction? My child has been in 34th>36th>35th position at KEA and in 16th>17th position at BVGS.
Kishan

Post by Kishan »

Can anyone share info on KEFW over KES as my DS has got both.
Knowing that KES comes with an exorbitant cost, we are thinking twice about it.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Plazaplus wrote:I understand how the waiting list works with children/parents rejecting schools hence freeing up spaces for the next in line but how come sometimes it goes in the opposite direction? My child has been in 34th>36th>35th position at KEA and in 16th>17th position at BVGS.
You will go up the list (ie get a higher number) if a child who wasn't previously on the list but ranks above yours is added to the list after offer day.

So say your child scored 99 and is position 5 on 1 March. If on 2 March another child puts themselves on the list but that child scored 100, they would take position 5 and your child would now be at 6.

The child who joined the list on 2 March might be a child who has been given a higher preference school but has changed their mind and now wants this school. Or, if the school has a distance criteria for admission, it might be a child who has moved closer to the school in the period since the cut-off date for on-time applications.
Peach

Post by Peach »

Quasi, I have attempted to contact WGHS about the waiting list on several occasions still not successful in getting through to Mrs. Thomas. Information on previous trends suggest that she should get a place but information about this year is sparse so feeling terribly anxious.
kalanarsi

Post by kalanarsi »

imranb wrote:
kalanarsi wrote:My Kid scored 239, and he was 36 on 1st March waiting list, I just called F.O and they said now he is 28.

Hi, Have you been offered CHB yet? Read that 237 is 18th on WL, so assuming 239 should have got in by now?
My son got offered in CHB today, very happy. Thanks to every one in the forum.

239 marks - waiting list 36 on 1st March, 21 on 17th march, 3rd on 22nd march and offered place on 24th March.

We are going to release Five ways place to next waiting list people for that school. Good luck to Parents & Kids.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Peach wrote:Quasi, I have attempted to contact WGHS about the waiting list on several occasions still not successful in getting through to Mrs. Thomas. Information on previous trends suggest that she should get a place but information about this year is sparse so feeling terribly anxious.
Maybe you could send an e mail for the attention of Mrs Thomas at Enquiries@wghs.org.uk and keep trying by telephone.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

kalanarsi wrote:
imranb wrote:

My son got offered in CHB today, very happy. Thanks to every one in the forum.

239 marks - waiting list 36 on 1st March, 21 on 17th march, 3rd on 22nd march and offered place on 24th March.

We are going to release Five ways place to next waiting list people for that school. Good luck to Parents & Kids.
Congratulations on your sons place.

That's 36 place movement in 24 days at a rate of 1.5 per day.

Now its a decision between CHB and KES for yourselves.Presume the later is a full fee playing place as you stated it is at "exorbitant cost".
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Javed Akhtar

Post by Javed Akhtar »

Hope you are all well

I would like to share our good news with you.

I rang Queen Mary High School on Friday morning and my daughter got a place via the waiting list.

I've accepted it verbally over the phone and got the official letter confirming the place on Saturday.

She was 9th on the waiting list on Wednesday 15th March 2017, then 2nd place on Wednesday 22nd March 2017. She scored 319.

Finally I am so relieved that the 11+ journey has now come to an end and that I can now park my bus. Good luck to the parents still waiting, never give up, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for all your help.

Javed Akhtar
Peach

Post by Peach »

I'm very pleased for you and your family. Wonderful news. I'm continuing to keep hope that my DD too will be offered a place soon.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now